Job Title: Member Service Representative
Department: Call Center
Reports to: Contact Center Member Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non - Exempt
Summary: Individuals in the job are responsible for assisting Tropical Financial Credit Union in the achievement of its purpose of guiding members successfully through the financial marketplace. Additionally, this position is responsible for providing quality member focused service via inbound and outbound telephone calls. Provides information to members/potential members in an accurate and efficient manner, answers questions and inquiries, troubleshoot problems, handle complaints and cross-sells products and services.
JOB SPECIFIC INFORMATION
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is responsible for all duties relating to processing over the phone transactions and maintenance of member accounts, cross selling of Credit Union products and services, assisting in the consumer lending functions, ensuring adherence to policies, procedures, security and compliance, and providing high quality member service.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES
CUSTOMER SERVICE / SALES:
- Identify and resolve Member issues
- Cross –sell Credit Union products and services
- Provide service that meets the Service Standards defined by Tropical Financial Credit Union as measured by the Net Promoter Score survey; annual goals are establish through the Performance Management Process.
- Support and provide superior service via phone, fax or email as a receiver and caller.
- Use questioning and listening skills that support effective telephone communication.
- Use an effective approach to handle special telephone tasks like call transfer, taking messages, call backs, holds, interruptions, and unintentional disconnects.
- Understands the impact of attitude in handling calls professionally.
- Effectively deal with job stress, angry callers, and upset members.
- Use the most appropriate way to communicate with different behavior types on the telephone.
- Apply the elements of building positive rapport with different types of members over the phone.
- Apply the proper telephone etiquette to satisfy various member situations.
- Apply appropriate actions to effectively control a telephone call.
- Identify voice skills and how to enhance a good telephone presentation.
- Meets commitments to members.
- Contact members as necessary.
- Assist with sales calls for new deposit / loan business
- Quote saving rates
- Display Time flexibility towards shifts as per work requirements.
- Meet all goals as defined in the individual’s performance appraisal.
- Processes non-cash teller transactions such as transfers, withdrawals, loan payments, etc.
- Originate consumer loans
- Mortgage referrals to Mortgage Loan Officer
- Ensure compliance with Credit Union policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations
- Ensure total data / document integrity
- Self-learn / knowledge of Word, Excel
- Manage teller workload / workflow
- Attend educational / training seminars
- Attend regular department meetings
- Maximize office security
- Provide telephone coverage as required
- Recommend service / delivery enhancements
- Recommend improvements to procedures
- Assist with procurement procedures
- BSA Compliance: every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions within TFCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Departments.
- Ensure ongoing individual compliance with all regulatory requirements established in the SAFE Act, if required.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
- Comply with all TFCU policies and procedures to ensure compliance with such regulations.
- Performs related duties as required with or without accommodation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: High school education or equivalent preferred, 2 years relevant Financial Services experience, 3 years customer service experience,1 year experience in a call/contact center, proven organizational skills, ability to analyze financial data, motivator and team player, knowledge of Credit Union products and services, working knowledge of computers, strong clerical skills.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND REQUIREMENTS
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT: Verbal phone ability, hearing, sitting at desk.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Understanding verbal and written communication, grammar, computers
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Telephone, computer, printer, fax, copier
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal Credit Union Office Environment
All of the above duties are subject to reasonable accommodation. The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related tasks, duties, and /or responsibilities other than those specifically presented in this description.
An EEOC Employer.
Bank Secrecy Act