Solutions Point is recruiting for a Systems Administrator / Engineer for a good client of our located in Lenexa. This will be a full time position. We are just recruiting candidates who would like to explore the opportunity. Base salary level 75k to 90k base with bonus potential on top of base plus great benefits i.e. 6% to 9% dollar for dollar matching 401k, excellent Med/Dent/Vision, Vac/Holiday/Personnel, and more. Our client is very well respected in their industry and growing a lot. Excellent work life balance expectations, flexibility in schedule and work from home when necessary, good leadership, job stability, and career growth are a few of the things my client offers.
This position is part of a five person team. On call rotation once every 5 weeks and usually very little one to two calls a week per rotation. Would you be interested in exploring the opportunity?
Job summary: The System Administrator’s primary responsibility is to provide support across all platforms in multiple data center locations. This position is also responsible for after-hours support of those same systems as part of the on-call rotation.
Essential duties and responsibilities
· Daily operational support
· Manage deployment tools and processes to facilitate rapid release cycles
· Install new software releases and system upgrades
· Automated deployment of application and OS security updates/patches
· Assist Tier 3, support for all escalated issues
· Administration and configuration of core Microsoft Enterprise Technologies: Windows Server, SCCM, Exchange, Active Directory, IIS, MS SQL
· Monitor performance and troubleshoot incidents
· Review system and application logs to ensure stability and security
· Documentation of system procedures and architecture, such as deployment procedures and infrastructure/database diagrams
· Participation in application design and architecture sessions
· Other duties as assigned by management
This work requires specialized knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through attaining a four-year college degree in a technology-related field. Minimum Qualification: Any combination equivalent to four (4) years of college-level course work in network engineering, network administration, system administration or computer science or related fields and three (3) years of relevant work experience in a network engineer or system administrator role. This position also requires at least two (2) years of experience supporting real time production systems using Microsoft Windows Server (version 2008 R2 or higher) and data center environments.
Desirable knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or Higher, SCCM, Exchange, Active Directory, IIS
· Network Technologies: Cisco ACI, Nexus/Catalyst, AVI, A10, F4, Packet Capture
· Experience with Office 365 including deployment, migration, and management (Exchange Online/Hybrid Exchange, Azure, Active Directory, OneDrive, Skype/Teams, Azure AD)
· Scripting for automation (Powershell, Perl, VBS, etc)
· VMWare vSphere management, monitoring, and optimization, automation
· Experience deploying software in a server environment via automated tools or scripting (Octopus, WSUS, Powershell)
· Familiar with Splunk, Nagios, Cacti, or other logging and monitoring tools
· VMware Airwatch, Workspace One, VMware Horizon (VDI), AppVolumes, UEM.
Skills and Abilities
· Meet demanding schedules and timelines.
· Communicate and work effectively with others.
· Work independently with minimal supervision.
· Perform detail-oriented work accurately with frequent interruptions.
Windows Power Shell
Windows Server 2008 R2
Vb Script (Visual Basic Scripting Edition)