Valmont Industries seeking Associate and Senior Electrical Design Engineers in the Omaha, Nebraska area.
Valmont Industries, Inc. is a large, publicly held American manufacturer of Valley center, pivot and linear irrigation equipment, windmill support structures, lighting and traffic poles and steel utility poles.
As an Electrical Design Engineer you will be primarily responsible for design and development activities which are essential to maintaining and refining current products. You will also assist with new product development and testing. So, if you have experience designing and troubleshooting analog and digital circuits, power electronics, and/or firmware development we want to talk to you!
If you are looking for a new opportunity with strong growth potential to help create products and services that make a difference, please apply!
Relocation assistance available.
· Design, develop and refine electrical products to meet or exceed specifications as defined by the customer
· Utilize creative and innovative design solutions to aid in solving field and manufacturing problems to maintain and improve existing products
· Maintain positive relationships with customers, field personnel and other Valmont departments to ensure the most efficient working environment
· Provide detailed project documentation as defined by Product Development procedures
· Maintain appropriate professional competencies to ensure successful new design conception, utilizing the latest state-of-the-art technology
· Review and provide input on product development procedures to ensure continuous process improvement
· Provide technical design inputs and technical direction for design reviews as needed
· This role may require occasional overnight domestic or international travel (up to 5%)
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 3 years relevant experience
· Experience with designing and troubleshooting analog and digital circuits, power electronics, and/or firmware development
· Demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook
· A strong working knowledge of Power Point, National Instruments LabVIEW, and Rockwell RSLogix500 software
· Ability to resolve complex problems and large challenges
· Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal customers and peers
· Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
· Master’s Degree OR Bachelors of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited school is preferred
· 5+ years of technology based product development experience is preferred
· 2+ years of project leadership experience is preferred
· Proficient with electrical standards (UL, CE, NEC, etc.)
· Proficient with electric motors and motor control
· Ability to troubleshoot and write code for programmable logic controllers
· Familiarization with National Instruments LabVIEW software
· Agricultural related work experience is preferred
· Ability to identify components of a mechanized irrigation system is preferred
Creo Elements/Pro (Computer Aided Design Software)