Ascent Global Logistics, a global logistics provider that specializes in domestic transportation management, international freight forwarding, and retail consolidation solutions is seeking an energetic Operations Specialist for our Hudson, OH facility.
The primary responsibility of the Operations Specialist is to monitor all active shipments to ensure proper service is provided to both the shipper customer and the carrier customer. This specialist must possess a strong understanding of the industry, be forward thinking and have the ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally in order to meet pre-established goals.
This position is part-time working weekends-2nd & 3rd shift opportunities available.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Work in concert with all team members, including Capacity Specialist, Customer Specialist, Dedicated Account Leaders and the Sales group to support the office’s initiatives
- Ensure customer requirements are met and TMS is updated with all accessorial fees to drive revenue
- Monitors carrier performance to ensure the shipper’s requirements are being met
- Strengthen carrier relationships to meet current business needs
- Ensure that all carrier partners are positioned for success
- Support the office’s goals by having a strong, operational understanding the shipper’s requirements and the carrier’s ability to meet those requirements
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of paperwork submission & settlement processes to support our Corporate office
- Foster a safe operating environment by having a strong understanding of DOT regulations, including Hours of Service (HOS)
- Provide carrier support by addressing inquiries received by email or phone in a timely, courteous, and professional manner
- Resolve carrier issues and recommend corrective and preventative actions to improve overall service to all stakeholders
- Participate in proactive team efforts, including extensive cross training, to achieve office’s revenue, gross margin & overall production goals
Computer / Phone Skills
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint) and Email
- Internal TMS Software
- Internal Phone System
- Ability to effectively present and communicate with other team members and customers
- Knowledge of domestic modes of transportation
- Knowledge of customer contracts and tariffs (accessorials).
- Knowledge of freight classes
- Knowledge of freight bill processing
- Experience in brokerage, forwarding, and/or carrier operations
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other/Additional Job Elements
Include any additional information specific to this position that is not represented elsewhere in this job description (i.e. special requirements, working conditions, non-standard work schedule, etc.).
Knowledge of company policies
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to complete special projects as assigned
- Provide after-hours phone coverage and customer service when required
- Ability to work flexible shifts