To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4086 Legacy Parkway
Lansing, MI 48911
- Valerie Martinez
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accountant / Bookkeeper
Rehmann • Lansing, MI
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are seeking a talented Staff Accountant to join our Lansing office.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Reconciling client bank account statements
- Preparing journal entries
- Updating depreciation and amortization schedules
- Preparing compiled financial statements
- Preparing payroll tax quarterly returns, annual employee W2’s and payee 1099’s
- Providing payroll tax support to clients
- Maintaining clients' accounting software and files
- Building relationships internally to foster a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Providing a “wow” experience to every client
- Contributing to the success of our clients’ organizations
- Identifying opportunities to introduce other Rehmann specialists to existing clients
Your Desired Skills, Experiences and Values:
- Bachelor’s degree not required, but a plus
- Interest in CPA certification not required, but a plus
- 2-4 years in handling the accounting duties described above
- Tax return preparation, a plus
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Ability to complete and enter non-routine and complex journal entries without assistance
- Proficiency with accounting software programs. Accounting CS or Quickbooks experience, a plus.
- Proficiency with payroll software programs
- Ability to design a basic chart of accounts fitting the needs of a client
- Ability to read a financial statement and identify issues to discuss with a client
- Outstanding client service and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to develop unique business solutions in a team-based environment
- Commitment to continuous learning and development
- Unwavering integrity in all situations