To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Leesburg, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Liaison Placement Services, LLC • Leesburg, VA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SCOPE OF PROJECT MANAGER I POSITION
Manages all aspects of project management for multiple small projects or a large project with an approximate volume of $2-5 million.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF PROJECT MANAGER I POSITION
Good working knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical or electrical discipline and a basic understanding of the other disciplines. Good analytical skills and the ability to effectively use a variety of estimating, scheduling and reporting software tools. The ability to effectively communicate with management, subcontractors, customers and peer group. Ability to travel to different jobsites within a designated geographical area.
Job location – Leesburg, VA
Scope of Work – Renovations, new construction, government contracts, K-12 Schools, Airports, Municipal, IDIQ
Benefits - time off benefits including annual leave, sick leave, holidays, bereavement leave, jury duty and annual military reserve training, retirement program. Start upon hire.
We encourage all of our employees to plan for their future retirement by participating in our 401(k) plan where the company matches a portion of each employee’s deferred savings.
Project Size – 2 to 10M
Travel – No, local
· Manage the construction workflow process starting in the project origination phase, to include estimating, negotiation, contracting, buyout, construction administration, financial management and closeout;
· Meet with Owners and Design Professionals to determine project requirements, manage client satisfaction, and take immediate action to respond to problems and concerns;
· Acquire and manage all building permits and other regulatory prerequisites;
· Visit project work sites, clarify scope of work, and prepare cost estimates and proposals; Evaluate projects for constructability and value-engineer cost savings;
· Negotiate contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders to assure that all project goals are being addressed;
· Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions; Conduct and document project progress meetings;
· Determine and implement the appropriate level of project control (i.e.: submittal logs, change order logs, etc.);
· Manage project costs to ensure budgets are maintained. Document and manage changes in the work to ensure the interests of all stakeholders in the project are reasonably met;
· Create and follow up on monthly requisitions to the Owner and maintain a regular dialogue with the project(s) vendors to ensure all financial matters are kept within contract terms;
· Ensure that all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place;
· Administer client-specific programs, such as CQC, Safety, Environmental Stewardship, etc.
· Provide timely and cordial interaction with supporting work groups, such as Accounting, HR, ICS, etc.
· Document substantial completion; manage the project closeout process to ensure timely completion;
· Provide training, mentoring and coaching to assist and develop other members of the project team;
· Participate in industry networking functions.
· Participate in, and encourage staff to seek out life-long learning opportunities and professional development.