The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. Support the hiring activities and requirements throughout the company by prioritizing functional tasks and delegating workflow, as well as building and maintaining relationships with a high level of trust and integrity and ensuring organizational compliance with hiring policies and employment regulations. Responsible for handling employee relations issue, and conducting thorough employee investigations. Responsible for the maintenance and compliance of Affirmative Action programs, and all regulatory requirements. The position may include international human resource responsibilities.
· Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
· A minimum of 5 years' experience of Human Resources experience, with an emphasis on Talent acquisition and employee relations.
· SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or HRCI Certified (PHR) Human Resources credential preferred.
· Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including talent acquisition, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and compliance with federal and state employment laws, particularly those related to government contractors.
Excellent communication skills with the ability to organize, present, and articulate ideas both verbally and in writing;
· A professional presence and strong interpersonal skills for interacting in a courteous, timely, and diplomatic manner with all levels of employees, as well as other parties/stakeholders involved with the company;
· Attention to detail with demonstrated commitment to excellence and performance
· Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member. o Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Human Resources Information System/Applicant Tracking. Knowledge of various applicant tracking systems.
· Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills, as well as the ability to handle complex situations and demonstrate sound judgment and problem-solving.
Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues of varying complexity, while meeting time-sensitive deadlines and deliverables.
· Ability to handle information of a confidential nature and ensure that such information is secured and maintained in an appropriate manner
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy, demanding and deadline driven environment.
· Ability to travel as needed
· While performing the duties of this job, the individual is frequently required to sit and stand for long periods. The individual is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms.
This position is performed in an office environment. This position requires some business related travel to job fairs.
· Responsible for full life cycle recruiting for defined business units. This includes but not limited to;
o Implementation of sourcing strategies to find and attract highly motivated qualified candidates; screening and selecting the most qualified candidates as noted in the job descriptions, collaborating with hiring managers and other human resources staff to determine the most competitive offer, and assist in onboarding new employees
o Attend job fairs/conferences as needed
o Stay abreast of and utilized new, innovative and creative sourcing methods
o Maintain a well-qualified candidate pool and serve as an effective liaison for the company with emphasis on developing relationships with a variety of applicant referral sources
o Regularly updates applicant flow log to ensure compliance with Affirmative Action plan. Maintain and complete annual Affirmative Action plan, and ensuring the company is fully compliant with the program.
· Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations. Oversee, review and advise on employee grievance and disciplinary processes. Respond to, manage and resolve conflicts as needed.
· Conduct regular meetings with assigned business units leadership and consults with line managers to provide guidance on a number of HR-related topics to include but not limited to the following:
o Performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions);
o Ensure positive relationships between managers and employees – assist in building morale, to increase productivity while maintaining a positive employee experience.
o Interpretation on HR related policies and procedures, as needed
o Business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
· Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
· Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
· In collaboration with HR team, analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions programs and policies. Develop HR Standard Operating Procedures as needed.
- Applicant Tracking Systems
- Sourcing (Recruitment)
- Talent Acquisition