Each individual performing this function is responsible for not only the overall quality of the activities performed per written procedures and training but also for interaction with the entire team to strive to achieve goals, promote safety and build a relationship with team members through respect and communication.
2.0 *DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
The Junior Staff Accountant is responsible for performing the following functions:
- Prepares monthly financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and reconciling accounts.
- Responsible for accruing expenses; assigning account numbers, and reconciling accounts.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Participate in year-end inventory at manufacturing sites to validate and audit process.
- Work closely with manufacturing sites to collect supporting information (documentation) for a monthly financial package.
Participate in monthly P & L meetings with management teams
3.0 *SKILLS, REQUIREMENTS AND EDUCATION REQUIRED*
- BS in Accounting or at least 1 years related work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment (Co-op and Intern experience applies)
- Proficient in MS Office specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to manage multiple projects/priorities
- Pursuing CPA is a plus - Both supervisors have CPA
Job Type: Full-time
Standard Accounting Practices
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Jones Plastic, founded in 1961 by Louisville natives Harry & Larry Jones, is one of the world’s leading injection molders for the appliance and automotive industries. Today, due to the dedication and hard work of our employees, the one machine operation which started out making whiskey caps for liquor bottles, has grown into a global operation with five molding facilities in North America, and a subsidiary company, Rev-A-Shelf which has two satellite locations in Europe and Asia.
View the full profile
Jones Plastic is known not only for our molding expertise, such as pioneering the use of gas assist, high speed molding in the early 90’s, but also for our ability to help customers get their products to market quickly. With facilities in Kentucky, Tennessee and two locations in Mexico, Monterrey and Juarez, we are strategically located to help minimize freight, handling and labor costs to our customers.
Jones Plastic and Engineering employs 2400 employees worldwide and our plants comprise nearly 1,000,000 square feet. Our primary markets consist of Appliance, Consumer goods, Packaging & Display products, Outdoor products, Medical, Electronic and Automotive components.
Jones Plastic proudly celebrated its 50th Anniversary in 2011 with 3 generations of family members active in the organization.