DURING A TYPICAL DAY (IF THERE IS ONE), YOU WILL:
- Use your knowledge to maintain and operate all processes associated with the plant where required.
- Perform maintenance and basic repairs of plant equipment and document these activities.
- Operate the DCS (Distributed Control System) for the plant.
- Safely perform basic electrical troubleshooting.
- Follow procedures for plant start-up, shut-down, cleaning, and batching.
- Maintain accurate and timely logs.
- Collect and test quality control samples, interpret QA/QC results and make adjustments to optimize plant operations, timely and accurately document results and enter results into our data collection system, PI.
- Assist in removal, installation, rebuild, and performance of preventive and predictive maintenance on all equipment associated with plant processes.
- Help to keep your plant clean by following the sanitation schedule and completing all tasks as assigned.
- Notify the management team of safety, environmental, quality and production concerns, problems and opportunities.
- Keep your plant safe by fostering a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance.
- Maintain a team environment at all times and champion POET in the community.
- Since we’re all about teamwork and getting the job done, your skill may be put to a lot of other uses!
CHARACTERISTICS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in a production environment preferred.
- Working knowledge in math, reading comprehension and mechanical reasoning required.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required.
- Experience with software systems, such as Maximo, preferred.
Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to embrace change.
- You know the basics of Microsoft Office Suite. You’re capable of learning new programs.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
WHY WORK FOR POET?
We believe POET stands alone as the most seasoned, accomplished and efficient force in biorefining. People like you made that happen.
With the right mix of creativity, hard work and team play, we can make great things happen for a lot of people. For you, there are many rewards:
- Personal fulfillment -- sharpening your own expertise among the brightest, most seasoned in the industry
- The energy that comes with developing an exploding new industry
- Collaborating with colleagues who know how to get the job done right
- Work that makes a real difference for thousands of people in communities across the country
- Work that has significant global impact in both environmental and economic terms
- A chance to make your mark on more than an industry, but a movement
This kind of responsibility may not be for everyone. If you're ready to take it on, we want to hear from you. This much we can guarantee: At POET, every day brings something new. We hope one of them brings us you.
At POET, we believe in creativity from common sense. For more than two decades, we have had a relentless focus on developing technologies that make ethanol production more efficient. We strive to produce ethanol and other biorefined products with the smallest possible environmental footprint.
Today, we have a network of 27 plants in seven states with a capacity of more than 1.6 billion gallons of ethanol, 9 billion pounds of high protein animal feed and thousands of pounds of bio-based oils and lubricants. POET provides turnkey development, design, engineering, construction, management and marketing services for our plant network.
POET Engineers and scientists have developed technology and processes through rigorous testing at POET’s laboratories and pilot-scale ethanol plant. We have an integrated business model that combines technology development with expertise in construction, operations, risk management and marketing.
As a purpose-driven company, we remain true to our mission to reduce the reliance of the United States on foreign energy, to revitalize global agriculture and to provide a cleaner, affordable alternative to fossil fuels.
POET BIOREFINING – Hanlontown, IA
POET Biorefining, located in Hanlontown, Iowa, produces 56 million gallons of ethanol annually and is the 11th ethanol plant managed by POET, who began building ethanol plants in the 1980s.
Ethanol production by POET Biorefining - Hanlontown began on March 8, 2004 and annually consumes approximately 20 million bushels of locally-grown corn. This provides not only an environmentally-friendly fuel, but also a valuable, high-quality Dakota Gold® brand livestock feed for local, regional and national markets.
WHY HANLONTOWN, IA?
As the midpoint of Albert Lea, MN and Mason City, IA, Hanlontown offers the luxury to experience both the charm of small town life as well as the hustle and bustle of faster paced cities nearby. Hanlontown is a community of welcoming neighbors that care for each other. Raise a family in Hanlontown where children can develop the values of a small town or come here to enjoy the quaint area. Either way, Hanlontown is a great area to be a part of. Join the community today!