With a focus on Mobility, Operational Excellence, Value to our Customers and the Electrification of vehicles, you can expect to be part of something exciting. From the sleek design of our vehicles to the unique opportunities we offer around the globe, Nissan exemplifies ingenuity in everything we do. Our people are what drive the business forward.
We’re currently looking for an Electric Vehicle Operations Manager (EVOM) to support both the Midwest and Central Regions. Employee must be based near the Aurora, IL regional office.
The main objective of this dynamic sales professional will be increasing LEAF retail sales within their assigned territory and maximizing share of voice/ROI for grass roots events in the region. EVOMs will lead communications on LEAF activities and coordinate with all key stakeholders (NNA, Regions, Dealers, Vendors, etc.) This role will be responsible for growing established LEAF markets within region as well as sustain and increase market share where LEAF sales are currently strong.
Essential Job Functions
- Partner with Dealer Operations Managers (DOM) in region to consult key dealerships supporting and selling LEAF to establish effective marketing & sales promotions plans. This includes discussing lead management, reviewing/consulting on the dealerships social media sites, POP display materials, etc.
- Utilize market analysis (POLK, URBAN SCIENCE) to access data and build quarterly business plans to improve business growth within respective regions. Collects and maintains regional knowledge of key competitors’ marketing strategies to analyze regional EV campaign effectiveness. Identifies untapped sales opportunities by profiling, predicting and analyzing consumer behavior. Studies existing research to analyze regional competition, understand consumer needs, determine brand perceptions and evaluate EV market penetration
- Identify LEAF sales opportunities and coordinate with BDMs and DOMs to create and execute action plans to increase sales in these markets. Support the BDM with all Fleetail activities, especially training, communication, and grassroots/promotional activities. Identify and secure required resources with the region to help transition and grow strong EV markets where LEAF is deficient and new/growing EV markets; including vehicle availability, marketing, advertising, incentives, specific grass roots promotions, and digital strategy. Escalate roadblocks to regional leaderships and partner on strategy.
- Support the analysis and determination of inventory with dealers. Be knowledgeable of inventory concerns in territory (i.e. what the optimal configurations are for LEAF, and all available tools to use, such as NRC) for appropriate recommendations. Encourage higher stocking levels with business case justification and identify opportunities to both field and dealers.
- Regularly communicate to dealers and field counterparts regarding current incentives. Provide monthly incentive summary highlights to region to support LEAF sales, and highlight changes. Develop sales tools/one pagers for dealers.
- Increase number of LEAF certified dealerships and maintain certification among established dealers. Coordinate and oversee all dealership certification requirements including, Virtual Academy, tooling, infrastructure, and all key contacts needed regarding certification. Track and distribute dealership certification status to region, distribution, and other key groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (business or related field preferred) plus a minimum of 4 years related work experience in progressive Marketing & Sales roles, to include
- Direct dealer contact or equivalent OEM field sales/consulting experience
- Analytical experience in various specialties of the automotive industry such as Sales Ops, Dealer Agreements, Marketing Parts & Service, Sales Reporting, Market Rep, Market Analytics, Pricing, Consumer Affairs, Distribution, Car Mix, Customer Satisfaction/Experience, Advertising & Promotions, Warranty, Car flow, Facilities/Merchandising CMM/ML, Contests & Incentives, Product Planning
- Adaptable and results focused with the ability to work in fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with high attention to detail and analytical mindset; intermediate to advance knowledge of PowerPoint/Excel
- Strong drive for achievement in the face of resistance or setbacks. Demonstrated ability exceeding sales targets with minimal daily supervision
- Passion for the automotive industry with a desire to peruse a Marketing & Sales career path (DOM/FOM) at Nissan.
- Up to Approximately 90% day and overnight domestic travel depending on business needs. Position is based out of Midwest Regional office- employee would need to be based near the Aurora, IL regional office.
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Drive your career forward and join the company leading the technology and business evolution of the automotive industry by applying today.
Nissan is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen for roles based in the United States and background screening for all positions.
All of us at Nissan – regardless of functional area or expertise – share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance vehicles. It is Nissan’s policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire; Nissan uses E-Verify to validate employment eligibility. **Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.**