The person in this position supervises all plant operations staff, consisting of three shifts with the goal of safely attaining the maximum production quality products and services, and with the highest morale possible from competent personnel. This position will also assist in and provide continuous quality improvement throughout the facility with the objective of meeting or exceeding customer needs. Promote and support the over-all improvement of all processes and departments through quality system audits and quality project implementation.
● Manage the Production, Warehouse, and Maintenance Department, through a direct and indirect staff of associates over a three shifts, 5 days per week operating plant. Assist in troubleshooting formulation and process (or systems) problems. Along with the Lab, evaluate problematic formulations and recommend changes to the process to increase manufacturing efficiency, and improve product quality. Assist the Marketing Department in the evaluation and costing of new and potential products run. Assist the Engineering Manager and Facility Manager in implementing required process or system changes and modifications at the Plant.
● Drive production and process optimization. Along with the Lab staff and the Process Engineer, perform process experiments, process optimization, formulation characterization studies, and other activities that will optimize production capabilities. Manage all pre-production planning. Manage the post production review process with a particular emphasis on ISO 2000 and internal QI Generation and follow through. Responsible for Qualtrax Administration. This task includes document creation, filing (electronic), maintaining current standards, form control, and other related tasks that encompass all documentation related to the ISO9001 quality system at the Facility, as well as acting as an information resource for the Division globally (i.e. sharing best practices, developing common work instructions, etc.).
● Provide internal Plant support and Divisional Support. Back-up Scheduler and Shift Manager/PIV’s during critical runs and absences as necessary. Assist the Engineers and the Engineering Manager in the evaluation of new equipment and process technologies being considered. Assist the Operations Manager in ensuring that the Plant is in compliance with all applicable Safety, Health and Environmental rules, and regulations.
● Develop and execute a production process-mapping plan to determine opportunities for cycle time savings. Develop and execute a more focused cleaning plan for process cleans. Participate in Kaizan events to reduce non-value added steps. Manage the process to re-balance Shift assignments, clean labor based on business needs and skill sets. Lead a team consisting of the Process Operators, Division Quality/Engineering Manager to roll-out new test cleaning methods, acquire all needed capital equipment, and manage the training and certification process. Incorporate all changes into the Division Quality System. Lead a team consisting of the Division Scheduling Manager, Warehouse, and Global Sourcing to manage both incoming raw material and outgoing finished goods supply chain considerations.
● Evaluate production means, methods, and procedures. Conduct internal investigations including work instructions, procedures, and equipment set-up review. Assist the Engineer in performing evaluations to determine cycle time reduction opportunities. Publish results internally and Division wide if relevant. Communicate and follow up with the Line /Work Instruction Review Teams the results of investigations to ensure permanent resolution of re-occurring issues. Determine training needs and implement corrective training. Generate internal QIs if required. Incorporate any needed changes in pre-production review process.
● Hiring, training, development and performance management of direct and indirect reports. Efficient execution of Production Schedules.