Acuative, the nation's leading independent provider of telecommunications field services, seeks an IT Network Technician. The successful candidate will spend the majority of their time covering the Central Valley market area providing installation and maintenance services to voice and data networks, servers, computer systems, retail technology systems, and other network based hardware.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The position involves a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Installation and maintenance of networking hardware including routers, switches, and WAP’s
- Installation and maintenance of telephony equipment and circuits
- Hardware break/fix support for Cisco UCS servers and Nexus switching equipment
- Installation and support of retail technology systems – POS, Digital Signage, and Video Surveillance Systems
- Circuit extensions and structured cabling
- Site surveys and site audits
- Maintain company vehicle, inventory, and tools to departmental standards
- Accurately and timely submission of all job-related documents and deliverables
- Candidates should possess many of the following KSAs:
- Working knowledge of networking hardware and topologies
- Familiarity with Cisco networking products and interfacing through Cisco CLI
- Understanding of telephony systems (VOIP, PBX, Key Systems) with an ability to provide hands-on hardware and troubleshooting support
- Knowledge of computing systems hardware with the ability to provide break/fix support for desktop PC and/or servers
- Physical installations of a wide variety of hardware including routers, switches, WAPs, servers, POS systems, digital signage systems, and associated peripheral equipment
- Ability to provide configuration support for a variety of technology platforms through console and remote applications
- Experience with LEC circuit identification and extensions
- Familiarity with cabling standards and the ability to pull and terminate cabling in a variety of customer environments
- Ability to operate basic power tools – drills, saws, etc.
- Work on ladders and lifts where required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel & Word).
- Ability to follow detailed job documents
- Must be willing to travel within assigned region to meet customer SLAs
- On-call, after hours, and weekend work may be required
- Must possess a valid drivers’ license with good driving record
Education & Certifications:
- Associates degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- CompTIA, Cisco, Cabling, and PBX system certifications a plus!
- Selected candidates will be required to attend a one week hardware training course at our Global Technology Center in Strongsville, OH
- Selected candidates must obtain Cisco CCT Route/Switch and CCT Data Center certifications within six months of employment at Acuative
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Inspiration has been the cornerstone of our culture since the company’s inception in 1984.
View the full profile
It was at this point of deregulation and the dawn of the data revolution that founders Vince Sciarra and Rich Ackerman established Telsource. With an innovative approach unique to the expanding communications marketplace, Telsource emerged as a ground-breaking provider of IT service solutions worldwide.
Thirty two years later, after countless technical trends, business cycles, and industry twists and turns, Acuative (formerly Telsource Corporation), continues to break into new dimensions, introducing industry-leading service offerings and helping clients meet their voice and data network goals in new ways.
Throughout our history, Acuative has displayed a distinctive, perceptive understanding of our clients’ needs and visions, goals and aspirations. We recognized from the start that our clients’ IT systems and applications were critical to their success.
For our clients, that meant that downtime needed to be minimized, complex technology rollouts simplified, and returns on technology investments maximized.
And so Acuative set out to provide inventive, superior IT service and best-of-breed global technology solutions, delivering end-to-end lifecycle support for our clients in the service provider, enterprise, finance, retail and public sectors.