Smartshore Services LLC is a leading global IT firm with operations in USA, India, Singapore and Dubai. The firm is a leader in technology development for global financial institutions.
Role Type: W2
Our client Corporate Technology and Risk purpose is to ensure the security and resiliency of the Firm’s computing environment, protect customer and employee confidential information, and comply with regulatory requirements globally. We accomplish this through strong information security leadership and active collaboration with line of business information risk managers to provide high quality security solutions and services that are focused on improving the Firm's risk posture.
Identity & Access Management: Provide identity and access management solutions for the firm’s infrastructure and applications. Ensure the appropriate access controls are in place and applied effectively and continuously (Quadarella).
We are actively seeking a Ruby on Rails Application Developer to provide a quality analysis of our technology and deliver solutions that enhance the business.
As an Application Developer, you will be a subject matter expert and team lead to provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within mature technology environments.
- Ruby on Rails development.
- Participate in and lead design sessions with fellow programmers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution.
- Lead design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply to Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps.
- Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
- Document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/Enhance software application modules.
- Collaborate with fellow developers in design sessions ensuring that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
1 -3 years experience in the following technologies:
- Ruby 1.8.7, 1.9.2
- Rails 2.3.8, 3.0
- Oracle 10g, 11g
- jQuery UI
Ajax (Programming Language)
Extensible Markup Language (Xml)
Model View Controller