TISTA Science and Technology Corporation (TISTA) supports our Federal customers with complex information technology and professional solutions including systems and application development, cybersecurity, data science, and comprehensive enterprise-wide infrastructure and operational support.
The Proposal Coordinator will be responsible for supporting development on multiple concurrent proposals, including information distribution when solicitations are released or amended, assisting with past performance and resume tailoring based on solicitation instructions and statement of work, assisting with writing or editing non-technical proposal content, formatting content into tables and call-out boxes based on templates, and providing reasonable additional support to proposal managers as required. The Proposal Coordinator will work proactively and collaboratively with all proposal team members depending on the solicitation release schedule, and will report to the proposal director.
- Coordinate RFI responses, including outline development, scheduling meetings, tracking task progress, team assignments, quality and compliance reviews, and procurement notices.
- Research, interpret, and consolidate information relevant to a solicitation, and eliminate redundant information
- Format and edit content from multiple authors/reviewers for a consistent and professional response.
- Provide support for working group sessions and major proposal meetings, recording topics, action items, and responsibilities and getting the information distributed to the attendees in a timely manner following the session/meeting.
- Customize proposal templates based on solicitation instructions.
- Tailor resumes and past performance information to be used in proposals, using appropriate templates customized based on solicitation instructions.
- Maintain and update library of collateral/proposal materials.
- Review proposal content prior to submission, checking quality of written content and assisting proposal manager with compliance verification.
- Support multiple concurrent opportunities at different stages of the business development lifecycle, from pre-solicitation planning (capture support) through solutioning, proposal content development, quality and compliance verification, production, and on-time delivery.
- Support related business development initiatives including opportunity identification, pre-solicitation research and analysis (capture support), boilerplate and past performance information maintenance, template creation and maintenance, style guide maintenance, and other tasks in support of overall proposal and business development processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required. Relevant technical courses of study, certifications, professional writing courses, and other training related to any aspect of proposal development or documentation will be considered in addition to or in lieu of an academic degree.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with proposal, capture, or business development teams in response to Federal solicitations for IT services and solutions is required. Other relevant experience in technical writing, editing, production, research, analysis, marketing, capture, software development, and/or related IT services implementation a plus.
- Professional training or certification in proposal development (APMP, Shipley, etc.) a plus.
- Proficient in writing non-technical proposal content, and editing technical and non-technical proposal content to be clear, concise, and grammatically correct.
- Familiarity with standard IT terminology sufficient for comprehending and editing technical content without changing or obfuscating the meaning.
- Knowledge of Federal procurement processes, standard solicitation instructions, and proposal development methods a plus
- Superior proficiency with Microsoft Word, and highly competent with Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Visio, and/or Adobe Acrobat or Illustrator a plus.
- Adaptive to change throughout the proposal process and ability to maintain professionalism under stress.
Location: Rockville, MD
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is recognized in 2019 by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest growing private companies in the US. TISTA is also a recipient of 2019 Top Veteran-Owned Companies by the Washington Business Journal. TISTA also received a 2018 Moxie Award in the GovCon category.
Here at TISTA Science and Technology we value our Veterans and encourage all to apply!
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of TISTA to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. TISTA will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Tista is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Proposal Coordinator or call
(301) 968-3420 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Microsoft Power Point