Under the direction of the Executive Vice President of Assembly Operations, this position is responsible for all aspects of commercial affairs including sales, operational financial performance, financial strategy and market analysis for current and target industries. (i.e. Aerospace, Automotive, DoD, Heavy Duty, MedTech, etc.).
- Determine elements necessary to fulfill Customer needs and determine strategic commercial position with new and ongoing business customers.
- Research and maintain current information regarding market conditions, trends, delivery options and other factors impacting the financial health of Goodwill Industrial Solutions. Report summary of market with recommendations to Executive Leadership and be an integral part of strategic planning / budgeting.
- Negotiate appropriate terms with Customers in regard to purchase price, delivery, quality and associated factors in order to achieve the greatest benefit to the organization. Monitor and ensure compliance with all agreed-upon terms.
- Work with Operations Management and Lead Sales team in feasibility evaluations, cost analysis and quote processes in order to support our growth strategies and a competitive position in our markets.
- Maintain and develop strong Customer relationships in order to ensure ongoing commitment to all.
- Develop policies and procedures for Sales and Commercial Operations Management.
- Ensure Commercial team participates in Operations quality process reviews and assist with continuous improvement and internal / external problem corrective actions.
- Develop long-and short-term planning for Commercial aspects that complement annual goals.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of Sales team and Operational controller personnel.
- Coordinate with other Executive peers in order to ensure resolution of discrepancies related to all commercial related issues.
- Several other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical or management field. Equivalent experience considered.
Ten years’ experience or more in purchasing, inventory or material management. Ten years’ experience in Commercial and Operational capacities with a proven knowledge of manufacturing requirements planning systems. Experience with six sigma methodologies a plus. Must have detailed working knowledge of commercial development and costing. Supervisory experience required.
1.Ability to maintain a consistent trajectory of growth, while avoiding obstacles that arise from constantly shifting markets.
- Ability to read and write policies and procedures.
- Always to work with uncompromising integrity and ethics.
- Ability to travel locally.
- Knowledge of industry standards and certifications required to supply product and services to that industry.
- General knowledge of facility planning and capacity utilization.
- Experience negotiating with Customers and Suppliers.
8. Ability to write Quote packages and evaluate supplier quotes, services, and performances to determine optimal commercial position for ongoing and new business.