The human resource generalist/manager performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, recruiting, time and attendance, performance management, onboarding, policy administration, benefits management, payroll functions, and employment law compliance. This position requires excellent communication skills, and an individual who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist/manager must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers various human resources policies and procedures for all employees at the home office, while working closely with the Professional Employer Organization (PEO).
- Leads full-cycle recruitment for all exempt and nonexempt staff, and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations and onboarding
- Monitors time and attendance and ensures proper documentation is issued on employees who have excessive tardiness or absenteeism problems. Communicate Paid Time Off (PTO) usage concerns with appropriate individuals. Maintains time and attendance reports.
- Administers performance evaluation programs; schedules 30, 60, and 90 day check-ins. Participates in annual performance discussions.
- Manage weekly payroll, while working closely with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Works with PEO on benefits administration, assists with new employee enrollment and annual open enrollment.
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Ethical Practice
- Cultural Awareness
- HR Expertise
- Relationship Management
ADDITIONAL DEPARTMENT OR POSITION-SPECIFIC DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (refers to job , not incumbent):
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred: Master’s Degree and/or HR Professional Certification
- 3-5 years Human Resources experience
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Suite.
- Human Resources Information System (HRIS), TriNet Experience Preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, independent multitasker who works well in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual Spanish (written and verbal) preferred
Must be able to lift/carry reports and materials, move about the office, turn on and operate a computer in the applicable environment, communicate efficiently and effectively on the telephone or in person, and complete required paperwork. May be required to sit at a computer terminal for an entire workday.
POSITION REPORTS TO (title of immediate supervisor/manager):
Chief Financial Officer
- Promote employee benefits through various employee events
- Conduct employee orientation and employee exit interview
- Administer company employee benefits and compensation programs
- Reporting employee orientation, development, and training employee relations compensation and benefits
- Assist with employee relations issues including employee discipline
- Counseling employees through employee relations issues
- Foster employee relations by resolving employee personnel issues
- Conduct employee terminations and employee exit interviews
- Administrating employee benefits and payroll
- Investigate employee complaints related to employee relations issues
- Support the administration of employee benefits, worker's compensation and employee relations
- Assist with employee relations issues
- Affecting employee benefits or claims
- Redirect employee questions regarding benefits
- Assist in employee relations issues
- Respond to employee relations issues
- Resolve complex employee relations issues
- Provide support with employee relations
- Managing employee records, compensation and benefits
- Presenting new employee orientation programs
Human Resources Information System (Hris)