MIDI is an established product development consulting firm specializing in the engineering and design solutions for the medical, scientific, home healthcare, consumer and industrial and markets. MIDI consists of a collaborative team of engineers and designers who have a passion for generating innovative solutions for unique client technology and product development applications.
MIDI is looking for talented, enthusiastic, creative, hands-on Senior Mechanical/Design Engineering individuals for full time employment.
Our company’s success is based on our development team achieving innovative product engineering and design results for our clients. MIDI collaborates with its clients who are among the most innovative in their market, ranging from start-ups and emerging companies to Fortune 500 organizations. For over 45 years we have been providing a wide range of client consulting services including mechanical, material, electrical and software engineering as well as industrial design and human factors research.
We hire motivated people who have a passion for their work and strive every day to make themselves, our clients, as well as MIDI successful. As a member of our cross-disciplined team you will work with other creative and enthusiastic individuals collaborating to produce innovative development results for our client’s programs.
If you are ready for a career that allows you to continue your professional development for today and in the future….Our company is the place for you.
Successful candidates will work as part of the MIDI team to conceptualize and advance the development of various products ranging from medical devices, scientific equipment and consumer and industrial applications. Program activities can range from initial Voice of the Customer research and conceptualization through to full commercialization. The position will focus on the conceptual design, CAD solid modeling, stress/load analysis, prototyping, materials, manufacturing, and production development. Successful candidates will be involved in the conceptualization and development of new and innovative products and work directly on-site with our company owners, Vice-President, staff and our clients.
Design and Development New Products:
- Conceptualize and generate engineering concepts for products that involve and solve unique applications and while support user needs.
- Utilize SolidWorks to transition concepts into detailed manufacturable subassemblies/parts and engineering drawings.
- Expert knowledge of manufacturing and material processes (injection molding, die cast, sheet metal, thermoforming, rapid prototyping etc.).
- Capability to work and lead mechanical design collaboratively with various teams consisting of ME, EE, SE and ID disciplines.
- Ability to engineer, build and assemble prototypes and test fixtures.
- Interact with vendors and consultants to procure components and facilitate engineering work.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and project management skills.
- It is a plus if candidate has previous exposure or experience in the following:
- Design Verification Plans / Product Requirements Documentation / Design History Files
- Cross functional DFMEA studies
- Experience in Design Control / DFM / GMP / FDA / ISO standards
- BS or higher Degree in Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in product development
- High proficiency in Solidworks modeling
- High proficiency in analysis and simulation (FEA / CFD)
- High proficiency with GD&T
- Experience in ideation and collaborative brainstorming support.
- Self-motivated proactive thinker
- Proficient in sketching ideation ability
- Strong verbal, technical, analytical, written communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage various program priorities
- Experience working in a cross functional multi-disciplined environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods, materials, DFM/DFA as well as rapid prototyping processes
- Exposure or experience in the following:
- Experience working in a Design Control environment
- Experience working in the medical industry
- Basic electronics and circuits knowledge
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Solid Works (Cad)