The Store Manager is responsible for driving store profitability by meeting and exceeding sales targets
and controlling operational expenses of a Finish Line store. The core expectations include managing all
resources within the store to provide customers with a leading shopping experience while ensuring
flawless execution of effective and efficient store operations, by performing the following main
▪ Allocates resources and organizes processes to drive profitability within a Finish Line store.
▪ Supervises one or more lower-level management staff and other store personnel.
▪ Manages an appealing, easy-to-shop environment for customers by ensuring visual merchandising
and housekeeping standards are maintained consistently throughout the store.
▪ Creates a high performance culture in store by setting clear expectations and targets, analyzing
team performance, holding team members accountable and giving appropriate and prompt
feedback, including actively managing poor performance.
▪ Tracks store performance data (e.g. multiples, average dollar per transaction, accessories, etc) and
responds with solutions that drive sales success.
▪ Demonstrates a high business acumen including, but not limited to, an in depth knowledge of the
store’s key performance indicators, inventory movement, and sales performance.
▪ Coaches, motivates and inspires team members to accomplish store goals and maximize their
▪ Actively monitors customer satisfaction and feedback systems to drive continuous improvement.
▪ Leads service by example and ensures highly visible and effective customer service management
at all times.
▪ Actively ensures key brands and product knowledge is transferred into sales skills in all relevant
▪ Works with Area Sales Manager to identify strong performers with potential for growth resulting in a
bench of leadership succession.
▪ Maintains staff through diverse recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining
a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
▪ Ensures store team compliance with all store policies and procedures in addition to providing
suggestions and ideas on ways to improve systems and processes.
▪ Drives continuous improvement in stockroom processing and replenishment procedures.
▪ Minimizes loss by ensuring all loss prevention, cash handling, and banking procedures are followed
and adhered to.
▪ Provides and supports a respectful, inclusive and diverse working environment that allows our
employees to be successful.
▪ Utilizes appropriate business partners to review and take employment actions.
▪ Communicates a desire to learn and seizes all available opportunities to drive own development
and increase performance.
▪ Adhere and uphold all company policies and procedures.
▪ Additional duties and projects as required.
Required Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or 1 – 2 year related leadership
experience, preferably in a retail environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Computer and/or Technical Skills
Should have basic to intermediate knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Must be an effective communicator with internal and external individuals at all levels. This
includes spoken, written, electronic, and presentation skills. Communication should be
consistently constructive and professional. Must be a good team player.
Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Uses
specialized knowledge to go beyond the routine to solve complex problems that frequently affect
areas beyond own functional area. Must be able to approach unfamiliar situations, projects, and
opportunities with confidence and curiosity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Store Managers must be 21 years of age or older, except where such
requirements are prohibited by law, including but not limited to the following states/territories: Iowa,
Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Vermont, District of
Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
The minimum requirements include the following but reasonable accommodations may be made as
related to an employee’s religion, ethnicity, or disability:
● Requires an open availability, including availability during the hours necessary to open and close the
store, which includes mornings, days, and nights.
● Requires availability on holidays and weekends
● Minimum standard work week of 5 days
● Average standard work week of 44 hours but increased during peak sales periods (e.g. Holiday,
● Punctuality and regular attendance consistent with the company’s policies are required for the
● Must have reliable transportation
● Must speak English clearly in order to converse with customers and effectively supervise staff.
● Must be able to read and write English and perform business-related mathematics in order to carry
out normal business and understand corporate sales reports.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
▪ Requires standing approximately 8 – 14 hours per day.
▪ During peak sales periods (e.g. Holiday, Back-to-School), will work for long periods throughout a
4 – 14 hour day.
▪ Requires stooping and kneeling to place merchandise on customer’s feet as well as reaching
and pulling to obtain or stock merchandise on storage racks.
▪ May be required to climb a ladder or ascend/descend stairs in order to stock and/or acquire
merchandise for sale.
▪ Required to lift items weighing 5 – 25 lbs regularly. In certain circumstances, weights may be
▪ Must have good vision, including color differentiation.
▪ The work environment for this position is a moderately noisy retail setting.
The company reserves the right to modify this job description with or without notice. Employees may be
asked to perform additional duties outside of normal job scope on a temporary basis per company