Job Title: Member Service Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Location: Towson, MD 21204
Work Site: Towson Main Office
Baltimore County Employees Federal Credit Union was chartered in 1963 and serves Baltimore County Government employees, other affiliated groups, and members of their families. Now serving over 29,000 members and with over $390 million in assets, BCEFCU is a full-service financial institution delivering convenient, superior, and innovative financial services to meet all its members’ needs.
Our employees thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment where they work closely with members to help them achieve greater financial security. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, premium pay for Saturday hours, and the opportunity to participate in a leadership development program.
Highlights from the job description include:
· Provide leadership to the department through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Manage the day to day operations of the Member Services department.
· Conduct periodic reviews of existing systems, products, services, and procedures. Provide recommendations regarding improvements in products, service delivery, and processes which will further the Credit Union's objectives.
· Monitor the quality of service for members and ensure excellence in service levels.
· Supervise and develop staff by assigning responsibilities; administering performance appraisals; coaching, and counseling employees when necessary.
· Schedule employees to accommodate work flow. Ensure that staffing levels are appropriate and that employees are effectively utilized.
· Ensure that employees are well trained, effective, and optimally used. Instruct employees regularly regarding policy, procedure, and product changes.
· Assist with complex or particularly difficult member service issues and resolve member disputes and problems. Enforce and explain Credit Union policies and procedures.
· Perform duties of Department personnel as needed.
· Ensure that employees are operating in accordance with established policies and within legal and regulatory requirements.
Monday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am to 5:00pm OR 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday 8:30 am – 12:30 pm (about one per month, worked @ Perry Hall Branch)
Although the primary location for this position is in Towson, employees will also be required to work at other branch locations (including Towson, GBMC, and Perry Hall) on an as needed basis. As a result, they may be asked to travel between locations, where starting and ending times are slightly different than the schedule described above.
About our Dress Code
BCEFCU is a financial institution and as such, we aim to present a professional appearance and environment. Our dress code guidelines of conservative attire reflect this. Please note that visible tattoos must be small or covered, and body piercings are limited to conservative ear piercings for both men and women.
How to Apply
Interested? Great! Please visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply for more information or to apply!
Baltimore County Employees Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or status within any other applicable protected group.
In order to be considered, applicants must possess the following minimum qualifications:
· High school diploma; and
· Three years’ experience in financial services, preferably related to deposit accounts and related services, with customer service experience.
· Supervisory experience is preferred.
Other Job Requirements:
· Thorough knowledge of financial services industry products and services
· Knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations pertaining to the credit union industry
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work with Credit Union members and employees
· Well-developed leadership and management skills. Ability to lead and motivate in a sales and service environment
· Ability to perform basic math functions
· Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive member and Credit Union information
· Ability to travel between locations and within the Baltimore area for training or meetings
· Proficient in the use of personal computers, internet applications, e-mail, and various windows-based software applications including word processing
· Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
· Applicants will also be required to submit to a criminal background check and credit report review