A local national electronics distributor is currently seeking a Technical Support/Help Desk employee. This employee support customers over the phone with software, mechanical and electronic products, this new hire will be responsible for software support and cross trained on the electronic and mechanical products.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides technical and sales customer support services for security products over the telephone and electronically including special applications, EasyKits, competitor cross reference support, guard tour verification and access control software, etc.
- Create a draft point to point application wiring diagram for special applications and Easy Kits including confirmation of operations.
- Help resolve product related issues including follow through to determine root causes with documentation on a resolution to prevent the price of non-conformance.
- Reviews and works with installation instructions for new and existing products.
- Tests and repairs electronic boards, parts, hardware and other manufactured security products using hand tools and power tools/machinery.
- Ships product parts under warranty and for repair/lost items to customers.
- Travels to customer’s location to install and repair security hardware products.
- Designs demos and creates bill of material for demo products.
- Reads and works with blue prints, process sheets, operations manuals, schematics and work orders.
- Attends and sets-up demos for tradeshows.
- Provides on-site and off-site product training to vendors, sales dealers, staff, etc.
- Maintains logs and reports, such as customer phone logs and repair inventory reports.
- Evaluates and critiques installation instructions and new products.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in electronics and/or help desk support technician with windows desktop certification (MSCDST – Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) and 3 years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and/or related experience.
- Knowledge of electronic principles, concepts and testing procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Knowledge Tree, Windows, VM Ware
- Skill in using electronic testing equipment, measuring devices and small hand tools
- Skill in trouble shooting electronic and hardware products
- Skill in performing mathematical calculations
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Pay rate: $15.50/hour
Nice (Unix Utility)
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Priority Personnel is an award winning staffing firm that has been serving the central Texas area since it was founded in 1993 in San Marcos, Texas. Priority Personnel provides skilled temporary and long-term employees across a broad range of occupations including light industrial, office-clerical, technical, professional and retail.
View the full profile
Over the years, the company has experienced tremendous growth and has become a recognized leader in the development, implementation and support of personnel services in Central Texas. We provide solutions to some of today's most challenging human resource problems. Hundreds of Central Texas companies rely on us to provide their most valuable resource....people.
Priority's success can be attributed in large part to the dedication and experience of its staff. Employees are personable, well trained, and eager to serve. Priority has assembled a remarkable team of professionals, each of whom shares a sense of personal dedication to meeting the needs of clients and employees.
Priority clearly recognizes its obligation as a corporate citizen, and continually works to integrate its business offerings with the betterment of the communities in which we live. Priority remains committed to providing the highest quality service using a delivery system that demands honesty, integrity and trust.