Title: Registered Nurse (RN) – Critical Care Unit
Location: Plano, TX 75075
Shift: 7A to 7P & 7P to 7A
The Registered Nurse (RN) in the Critical Care Unit manages the nursing care to patients admitted to the hospital in an observation status in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- $28.64 to $42.95 per hour (Based on years of experience)
- +$4.00/hr CCU/ICU specialty pay on top of base
- +$3.75/hr Night Shift Differential
- +$4.30/hr Weekend Shift Differential
- $5,000 Sign on Bonus
- $3,000 Relocation Assistance
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Current AHA certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Minimum one-year hospital ICU or CCU experience required - RECENT EXPERIENCE
- Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted
- Must have ventilator and drip experience
- Have a 24hr Trauma Surgery Team in the unit
- 58% of their nurses are CCRN certified, 4% Trauma Certified
- Have a pulmonary intensivist, a physician that is in the CCU all the time
- Nurse to patient Ratio: 1:2
- Starbucks in lobby x2!!!
- # of Beds Per Unit: 28 Beds
Registered Nurse Certified
Basic Life Support
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Intensive Care Unit