What You Will Do:
As a home health nurse with Amedisys, you will provide one on one skilled nursing care and treatment to patients in their home using a comprehensive and patient specific care plan, innovative solutions, and a preferred technology for point of care documentation. You will have the opportunity to spend quality time with the patient, in their own home, to promote their health and independence. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
• Collaborate with physicians, patients and their families, nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient care team to develop a patient specific care and treatment plan
• Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote the health and independence of the patient
• Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required documents, reports and established timelines
• Provide supervision and evaluation of aides and licensed practical nurses/licensed vocational nurses
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
• Paid Time Off/Holidays
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
• 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
• Continuing education
• Fleet car for eligible employees
• Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a registered nurse
• Current CPR certification
• Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to complete home visits.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
• Acute care experience as a registered nurse with the adult population in a medical – surgical environment
• Previous home health or hospice experience
- Extensive Orientation Offered
- Flexible Scheduling for Part Time or Per Diem
- Electronic Documentation
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Electronic Medical Record
Arm Hand Steadiness
Conducting Physical Examinations