0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.
- Shall be 18 years of age and have a high school Diploma or GED.
- Passed the National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB) exam
- Must have 1-year experience or completed college courses in the sciences or mathematics.
- Experience with computer systems such as VISTA, CPRS, ScriptPro, Talyst, Microsoft Office and Pyxis preferred.
- Must be a US citizen
Duties and responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets prescriptions
- Obtains proper medication or material in the proper strength and dosage
- Determine proper amounts and counts
- Pours, measures the prescription
- Affixes proper labes
- Records required data on Pharmacy’s copy of prescription/order
- After final check by Pharmacist, dispenses medication in ambulatory care or discharge situations
- For unit-dose medications, performs final review of medication when prepared by another technician, to be dispensed to inpatient areas (med carts, ward stock, etc.)
- Fills unit dosage carts independently without secondary review
- Answer questions from Pharmacy personnel and non-pharmacy personnel regarding drug distribution tasks in the pharmacy
- Identifies basic therapeutic problems such as duplicate therapy with drugs in the same class and alerts the pharmacist to the possible need for clinical intervention
- Contract technicians may be asked to cover for the executive secretary
For additional information and compensation details, please email your most recent resume/CV to opportunities@ cadgov.com. We look forward to hearing from you!