To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbia, SC
- John Shell
- Phone: 803-788-6619
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Property Accounting Associate
John Shell Associates, Inc. • Columbia, SC
Posted 2 months ago
Property Accounting Associate
Blue-chip real estate company in downtown Columbia is seeking a Property Accounting Associate to join its growing organization. Our client is looking for a driven, top-performing professional to assume the following duties in its high-quality accounting function:
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly close of the property general ledgers and creation of property level financial statements including preparation of account reconciliations and posting of journal entries
- Prepare budget and underwriting to actual explanations by line item for all properties and determine the key drivers of Net Operating Income variances
- Partner with the Asset Management team to review accounts receivable detail along with the operations teams to determine the required bad debt reserves and to ensure all income is billed in accordance with lease terms, including review of monthly accruals and annual reconciliations of recovery items
- Provide acquisition and transaction support for Investments team including onboarding of new properties into the Yardi system and preparation of the opening journal entry
- Assist with annual budget and quarterly reforecast processes
- Assist with audit and tax preparation
- Assist in departmental projects that deploy updated processes and technology to create efficiencies and automate manual tasks
- Assist with special projects or tasks to support the overall Company’s goals
- Maintain and document policies and procedures around financial reporting, internal controls, and accounting system infrastructure
Positions reports to Director-Investment Accounting.
Requirements include a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field and 2+ years of relevant experience in public accounting or commercial real estate accounting. CPA or Masters of Accountancy strongly preferred. Should possess excellent skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of Yardi and/or Argus Enterprise preferred. Must have strong analytical, communication, and technical accounting skills with solid understanding of GAAP. Other desired characteristics include strong work ethic, self-motivation, attention to detail, passion for quality, ability to work independently and meet deadlines, and solid organizational and process skills to manage multiple competing priorities.
John Shell Associates, Inc. specializes in the placement of accounting and financial professionals in South Carolina. Founded in 1982 and owned/managed by Certified Public Accountants, the firm has met the staffing needs of major corporations, small businesses, and CPA firms throughout the Palmetto State. Permanent, temp, and temp-to-hire. To view additional listings, visit http://www.shellaccounting.com.