To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Grand Rapids, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
HVAC Technician III
MacLellan HVAC & Mechanical • Grand Rapids, MI
Posted 2 days ago
MacLellan Integrated Services provides a broad scope of maintenance, facilities management, and industrial engineering services to a variety of large manufacturers nationwide. Founded in 1994, MacLellan Integrated Services has expanded from our initial core business providing critical process cleaning services to the automotive industry in the paint shop environment, to a partner and key provider of maintenance services to our customers.
MacLellan HVAC & Mechanical is a truck based service business providing HVAC and mechanical maintenance to large industrial customers. We are currently building our team of skilled HVAC service professionals and are looking for a customer service focused HVAC & Mechanical Services Technician III with expertise in the design, installation, maintenance and repair of large scale, industrial and commercial HVAC and mechanical systems to join our team in our new Grand Rapids, Michigan branch.
This role requires technical expertise in repair, replacement and service of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems in large commercial environments, and the ability to help train and mentor a team while providing best in class customer service.
We are building on our reputation for excellence in establishing this new offering, and we will become the leading provider of building and energy solutions in the region, and a leader in energy and HVAC services nationwide.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Technician III performs master journey-level work in the inspection, troubleshooting, service, maintenance, modification, repair, and monitoring of the operation of industrial and commercial heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and associated plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and energy management control systems with limited general supervision. This position has a high level of customer exposure and visibility, and will also support the branch providing training and mentoring to more junior level technicians.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, maintain, inspect, modify and repair heating, ventilation systems, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, equipment and components, chillers, cooling towers, fans, pumps and motors, electronic controls and associated safety and equipment protection devices.
- Maintain records of installation, maintenance and repair orders, document all work and track activities, prepare status and project reports.
- Keep van, tools and equipment in a clean and operational condition.
- Respond to routine and emergency calls for repair and service with after hours on-call responsibility.
- Monitor work done by outside contractors for adherence to codes, requirements and standards.
- Ensure a safe work environment and support a culture of ZERO tolerance, identify and eliminate root causes of accidents, and escalate safety issues in compliance with all MacLellan policies.
- Promote MacLellan Core Values and instill a culture based on performance, innovation, exceptional customer service and 100% accountability.
- Create, implement and monitor standards of performance, disciplines and metrics.
- Engage customers and continually align with customer's expectations for timeliness of project completion.
BEST PEOPLE, BEST SYSTEMS, BEST RESULTS
We bring people together who share our values and help them discover and achieve their potential. We are disciplined in the development and use of innovative systems and practices. We are a driving component in our business partners’ competitive advantage.
Our way of doing business has earned us a reputation for excellence, and we work to deliver exceptional value.
This position is key role in our organization, with the exposure and potential for development and promotion to a Branch Manager role in an exciting, fast paced, high growth rate environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, this is a challenging and rewarding career opportunity that will further your experience and provide an outstanding career path.
We strive to be the employer of choice in our space. By offering employees the best possible value proposition, we ensure we have the best talent available supporting our customers.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive base pay paid weekly
- Paid Holidays / Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, coverage begins the first day of employment
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Program
- Company matching 401(k) Program
- Life Insurance
- 5 years of progressive, professional experience performing maintenance, service and repair of HVAC systems and equipment for large industrial and commercial customers.
- Must be a licensed mechanical contractor in HVAC equipment, ductwork and refrigeration by the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
- EPA 608 certification.
- Gas fitters and/or plumber’s license is a plus.
- BOMA, IFMA and/or ASHRAE association is desirable.
- Must have a high school diploma, and a 2 year technical degree from a certified trade school, technical college or an accredited maintenance apprenticeship program, or equivalent experience.
- Any trade specific certifications or factory training (Carrier, York, Trane or McQuay) is highly desirable.
- Continuing education in a relevant HVAC related topics.
- Exceptional communications skills and the ability to present technical ideas and concepts to customers and technical professionals.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with peers, management, subordinates and corporate resources to positively impact performance.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees and customers in difficult situations.
- Driven by a strong customer focus.
- Able to drive accountability and encourage excellence.