Well respected firm-voted best place to work in Modesto - is looking to add an Accountant to their growing team. Service clients in many industries such as Wholesale, Non-profit, Agriculture, real estate, and manufacturing. Our client truly believes in growing together and investing in their people.
What we are looking for: An individual experienced in researching complex accounting issues and preparing the necessary notes and work papers. Someone who will embrace working closely within a team and supervising other team members when needed. Possesses the communication, people skills and drive to advance within the firm. CPA NOT REQUIRED
Be a part of this well-respected organization! The Accountant is responsible for the following:
Role and responsibilities
- Records transactions in ledgers, prepares trial balances and financial statements
- Demonstrates the ability to tie out basic client prepared financial statements
- Performs accruals, property and equipment and calculates depreciation expense
- Has a good understanding of tax concepts
- Demonstrates ability to provide neat, complete and organized work papers using the firm’s technology and engagement resources
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field Preferred
- Strong understanding of GAAP and accrual accounting
- 2+ years full cycle accounting experience
- Complex accounting research experience that lead to analytical solutions
- Experience with CCH Axcess, CCH Engagement, proficiency in QuickBooks and QuickBooks online, and/or other accounting related software and ERP systems a plus
APS, AVAILABILITY Professional Staffing is the Valley's strongest and most reliable Recruitment Firm. Whether you are a company seeking talent or a professional open to career possibilities our clients know they can count on us to focus on what is in their best interest. We are a trusted adviser and want to be your first call for anything hiring related. 50 years in Stanislaus, Merced, and San Joaquin Counties, we have proven with time, and word of mouth that we are the best choice for recruitment in the Valley. 2018 is our 6th straight year voted at Modesto's Favorite Choice for a Staffing Firm!
Standard Accounting Practices