You will help the Dentist by providing assistance, as directed by dental protocol, including:
· Ensuring quality of care by preparing treatment area for patient; cleaning, sterilizing and seting up treatment areas, and pulling patients chart.
· Preparing patients for treatment by reviewing their medical chart, greeting, seating, draping, taking blood pressure, as necessary, and providing information.
· Assuring efficiency of dentists by sterilizing and delivering instruments to the treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist’s access; suctioning and passing instruments.
· Assuring readiness of materials by selecting, mixing bases/impression materials, and placing materials for use.
· Taking and developing patient’s x-rays, as requested by Dentists and per regulatory and department protocol and procedures.
· Mounting and filing dental X-Rays per department procedures.
· Maintaining patient confidence by counseling patients on dental health, requesting consent for extractions/treatments, giving post-op instructions, and scheduling follow-up appointments.
· Protecting patients and co-workers by adhering to infection control policies and procedures.
· Maintaining and monitoring equipment for department operations, assuring that autoclave is monitored by using spore testing.
· Assuring adequate stock is on hand by inventorying and ordering supplies, as necessary.
· Ensuring quality and safe operation of dental equipment, by following procedures for maintenance, evaluation and usage.
· Maintaining X-Ray equipment and ensuring proper operation by following procedures for maintenance, evaluation and usage
· Assuring treatment areas are adequately stocked and ready for use
,Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
· Knowledge of state and federal regulations where applicable
· Knowledge of infection control protocols and procedures
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High School diploma or equivalency
· X-Ray Certification required
· Coronal Polishing certification preferred
For more information, call Ren'e Pelayo at 602 788-5890 x116 and send your resume to Rene@apnusa.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.