Advertising Sales Account Rep
The Washington State Fruit Commission is seeking an energetic Advertising Sales Account Representative to administer advertising sales and develop new account relationships for the Good Fruit Grower magazine, the tree fruit industry’s essential resource for news and educational information.
The ideal candidate will be a results-driven, client-focused team player able to understand, articulate and sell the strengths of advertising across the Good Fruit Grower platform, including print and online.
This full-time position reports directly to the Advertising Sales Manager to:
● Develop advertising and marketing strategies, manage existing accounts and create proposals and advertising recommendations for prospective clients.
● Develop and deliver sales presentations for potential business relationships.
● Act as a liaison with accounting, production and clients from point of sale to execution of each contracted element, to include concept development, quote documentation, ad creation/proofing, contract and order confirmation.
● Travel to regional and national ag trade shows from November to February, plus handle visits to nearby Northwest clients.
● Coordinate special projects for sales as needed, such as direct mail and an annual buyers’ guide.
The successful candidate will work from the magazine’s offices in Yakima, Washington. The compensation package includes a competitive salary plus commission.
Established in 1946, Good Fruit Grower is nationally and internationally recognized for its in-depth coverage of industry trends and research for the tree fruit and grape industries. Good Fruit Grower staff are employees of the Washington State Fruit Commission, a state agency. The Commission is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status or veteran status in accordance with state and federal laws.
Candidates must submit a resume and cover letter outlining their suitability for the position and at least three references to: Email blocked - click to apply Application deadline is Sept. 27, 2019.
● Minimum five years of sales experience. Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of the agriculture industry.
● Bachelor’s degree, preferably in advertising, business, marketing or related field.
● Proven track record of assertively researching and qualifying prospective clients, and the drive to meet or exceed sales targets.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Strong organizational skills with the ability to take initiative and drive projects with minimal supervision while working effectively in a group to support colleagues.
● Proficient with Microsoft Office products. Graphic design and layout experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop a plus.
Additional desired skills:
● Experience with customer relations management (CRM) software.
● Spanish fluency.
The successful candidate will work from the magazine’s offices in Yakima, Washington.