Seeking a hands-on engineer for a position in manufacturing engineering.
The client is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of industrial aerators, floating dewatering pumps, and floating fountains. 250 distributors worldwide. The company is owned and operated by the current family since 1980 and provides an good work life balance.
The company is adding a second engineer to assist with all aspects of engineering. This position will report to the head of engineering.
· Provide technical support to manufacturing, sales, marketing, distribution, and service
· Optimize manufacturing production
· Improve product quality
· Work with outside vendors to source production and prototype parts
· Author and maintain technical documentation including owner’s manuals, product instructions, and assembly instructions
· Create and maintain mechanical and electrical CAD drawings and bills of material
· Design standard and custom control panels
· Maintain product certifications with independent certification company
· Transition new products from R&D to manufacturing
· Conduct technical training
· Assist with troubleshooting installations both in the office and in the field.
yr, annual bonus, profit sharing plan, insurance, and excellent working conditions
engineering, pumps, motor, electrical, controls, BOM (Bill of Materials), CAD, quality, process, service, lean
· BS in Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering Preferred
· Minimum of 3 years of practical experience in given field
· Experience with motor controls (design and manufacture thereof) and electrical motors (up and through 50HP), BOM creation and management thereof
· SStrong analytical and project management skills, capability to manage multiple projects at once.
· T· Working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor (preferred) or SOLIDWORKS
· Ability to work in cross-functional teams in a hands-on environment
Pr Proven electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills
· Practical knowledge of machine shop practices including CNC equipment
· Knowledge of injection molding
· Knowledge of VBA macros
- Functional Testing
- Implementing Process Improvement
- Quality Assurance
- Value Engineering Analysis