The position of Forklift Operator – Frozen Finished Products offers a safety focused, team-oriented individual the opportunity to ensure shipping schedules are met for the assigned shift by maintaining a constant flow of product and supplies to the production lines.
Lakeside Foods is looking for full-time year-round experienced FORKLIFT OPERATORS to join our team!
When you join the Lakeside team, you’ll become part of our family. Since 1887 we’ve worked side by side to produce food that provides nourishment and enjoyment for American families everywhere. Today we operate through 13 locations and sell our diverse line of canned and frozen foods through most major retailers, foodservice distributors and national restaurant chains. We’re driven to find new, innovative ways to serve our customers and our community. At Lakeside, we are committed to growing our company – and our people. And there’s a seat at the table for you.
What You’ll Do
- Before shift start up, examine shipping schedule to be completed that shift.
- Keep a constant supply of cartons from printer station and warehouse on all lines.
- Count and verify pallet ticket to ensure finished pallets meet specifications.
- Remove complete pallets form all lines for stretch wrapping and move pallets to designated location for storage.
- Break down totes when needed.
- Assist printer with locating cartons and removing finished cartons.
- Before product changeover, ensure that correct lot numbers and cartons are available to eliminate unnecessary downtime.
- Make dumpsters available and empty when necessary.
- Help keep the work area clean.
- Understand and practice safety procedures for operating forklift and check forklift for service and safety.
- Maintain lift truck and batteries to set procedures to insure minimal repair costs.
- May perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Adhere to all Lakeside Foods established policies and procedures.
- Communicate any problems to the supervisor.
- Notify Supervisor immediately if any unsafe or potentially hazardous conditions are discovered.
What You’ll Bring
- At least six months of electrical forklift experience and/or training.
- Must be certified in electric forklift operations.
- Ability to maintain forklift and batteries
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interface with computers and software applications.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide four digit numbers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- The average temperature is 55 degrees.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually high.
- Teamwork at Lakeside
All employees of Lakeside Foods are committed to continuous improvement and serving our Lakeside customers. As part of our team, you’ll work individually and with your department to live Lakeside’s Standards of Conduct. You’ll clearly and visibly demonstrate teamwork, cooperation and respect for others in all business interactions.
We promise our employees a culture that values mutual respect and different points of view and leaders who develop and execute clear, aligned action plans. We enjoy being creative, productive and working together.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lakeside Foods welcomes people of all backgrounds and the varied ideas they bring to the workplace. Being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer is part of our heritage and culture. We recruit, hire and promote employees based on qualifications and merit, without regard to race, religion, age, gender, disability, marital or veteran status.