The Desktop Engineer is a key member of the Enterprise Platforms Group reporting to the Manager of End User Computing. The Desktop Engineer is responsible for enterprise applications and system reliability and security by designing, implementing, administering, and delivering enterprise application solutions. They will also serve as a senior engineer on platform, software, and application implementation projects. they will work closely with team lead to support and manage the SCCM, AppSense, Health Monitoring, and VDI (both local and virtualized desktop) environments.
- Work closely with team lead to support and manage the SCCM, AppSense, Health Monitoring, and VDI (both local and virtualized desktop) environments.
- Rely upon previous technical / platform (Windows / Citrix / GPO / SCCM / AppSense / Etc.) knowledge and possess keen research abilities to perform tasks efficiently and independently.
- Deploy enterprise-level software into the environment (both local and virtualized desktop) through extensive analysis, design preparation, and testing.
- Implement enterprise-wide optimized user personalization through thorough research, streamlining, testing and optimization.
- Effectively identify, research, and resolve any defects within a given application, and manage communication and interaction with application vendors for issue resolution.
- Responsible for researching and testing solutions to application technical issues, including using scripting methods to optimize and automate where possible.
- Assist with resolution of escalated incidents and participate in problem management activities.
- Participate in cross-functional team projects to implement new or updated technology. Work with the EUC Manager and EUC team lead to chart out the strategy and implementation plan for the EUC roadmap.
- Assist junior engineers with support of enterprise applications and software in the various end-user environments.
- Cross-train other IT staff in the use or maintenance of technology and prepare technical documentation.
- Microsoft: Windows Server, Power Shell, Active Directory, GPOs.
- SCCM 2016 product experience preferred, including experience in software upgrades and patch process using SCCM 2016.
- Expert knowledge of VDI Image Management – creation, updates, versioning and provisioning of VDI images
- VDI (Citrix preferred): XenApp 7.x, XenDesktop 7.x, HDXInsight, NetScaler, Storefront, VMWare Horizon View
- VMware: vSphere ESXi
- Scripting skills are a must in VBScript or PowerShell.
- 4 year degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in field.
- Relevant Microsoft and Citrix certification is highly regarded
Windows Power Shell
V Mware V Sphere
Citrix Xen App
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 19-01836
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.