To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charlotte, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Cost Accountant
FrankCrum Staffing • Charlotte, NC
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
FrankCrum Staffing is seeking a Senior Cost Accountant for a direct hire position with a global manufacturer in the Charlotte, NC area. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Senior Cost Accountant position is a key role in preparing and summarizing the cost activities of two manufacturing plants and a distribution center. The Senior Cost Accountant is responsible to apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties; and prepares and processes the journal entries necessary to provide an accurate accounting of the corporation's financial position.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Assist in month-end closing and ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
· Compile and analyze financial information to prepare and/or review necessary journal entries for properly stated financial statements in accordance with GAAP and company policy.
· Analyze financial statements to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes to summarize and interpret the current and projected financial position of the company. Communicate these findings through written narratives and oral presentations to management.
· Oversee and ensure accuracy of month consolidation process.
· Ensure overall SOX compliance for general accounting.
· Assist in the preparation of reporting packages, as required, to comply with corporate financial reporting requirements and statutory regulations.
· Prepare and/or review monthly account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts ensuring financial records are maintained in compliance with company policy. Review, investigate, and resolve accounting errors, discrepancies, and reconciling items.
· Make recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
· Document and coordinate the implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures and modify it as necessary.
· Submit recommendations for improving the company's accounting processes.
· Bachelor’s degree required; Accounting or Finance preferred
· 5+ years of experience in GL Accounting and/or Cost Accounting required
· 2+ years’ experience in cost accounting required
· 2+ years’ experience with a large ERP system required; SAP preferred
· 2+ years’ experience in variance analysis required
· 2+ years’ experience in forecasting/budgeting preferred
· CPA a plus
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Please forward resume and contact information for immediate consideration.