To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2515 North Jefferson Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63106
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sales Account Manager Trainee, Industrial Colors
Sensient Technologies Corporation • St. Louis, MO
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Sensient Technologies have a strong belief in training and developing their key employees from within. This position is part of a global initiative to recruit and develop the best people. To emphasize the importance of this belief, this position will report directly to the General Manager of the US Industrial Colors business. Upon selection, the Sensient Sales Representative Trainee will participate in a program designed to prepare you for a career in field sales. The Sales Representative Trainee program consists of departmental rotations which include customer contact, inside sales, sales support, marketing and technical training in the applications lab.
The chosen candidate can expect to spend several weeks or months in various departments during this program with a goal of achieving the ability to perform as a Sales Account Manager for Sensient Colors.
A variety of tasks as determined by your mentor in various departments gives you a broad understanding of the business while helping the immediate needs of the company throughout your 2 - 2½ year program. You will spend a minimum of 18 months in the Technical Department, and a minimum of 6 months in Customer Service. You will experience an increasing amount of direct customer contact during the latter half of your training program. This position is based in St Louis, MO, with an expectation of extended training at other Sensient sites within the USA. Sensient has sales requirements throughout the USA and therefore the location, which will be outside of St Louis, MO, for the first sales position will be agreed as the training period draws to a close.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· In the Sales and Marketing departments you will learn how to sell products from the marketing stage, to customer presentation, pricing, customer services and invoicing. You will gain a thorough understanding of the complete sales cycle.
· In the Technical department, your role will be supporting the Technologists with the creation of new color delivery solutions for customer based requests and new product initiatives.
· In the Finance department you will learn how to cost different types of product and gain an understanding of how the company analyzes the business.
· In the Operations department you will be required to carry out hands-on manual activities absorbing and learning the Sensient manufacturing processes.
· You must be flexible and prepared to travel as the program is likely to involve opportunistic project work both developing you and benefiting the company.
· Candidates must be interested in a career in outside, professional sales.
· Must have the ability to travel to multiple customers throughout the assigned territory
· The ability to quickly grasp new concepts and processes and be the architect creating new processes where improvements can be made
· A competitive winning mentality
· Team player with a friendly and likeable personality while retaining tenacity to chase and follow up
Education and Experience
· At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University with a Chemistry or Engineering major preferred
· 1 to 2 years of practical working experience
· Must be willing to relocate within the USA at the completion of the program
What does a Sales Account Manager do for Sensient?
The Sales Account Manager is a professional salesperson with the objective to maximize sales volume and gross margin, for all of our product lines. This includes achieving the territory sales plan whilst accomplishing good will and enhancing the Sensient Corporate Image with all customers and prospects. Our Sales Account Managers are responsible for winning new accounts and growing existing business. Account Managers are based in a home office and are required to travel throughout their assigned territory 4 days per week.
Why Pursue a Sales Career with Sensient Colors?
· As a Sales Account Managers for Sensient, your individual performance will be rewarded with unlimited earning potential. Our Sales Account Managers are provided a competitive base salary, uncapped bonus potential, full benefits and a company vehicle!
· Upon completion of the training program you will be given ownership and responsibility of managing a sales territory with an expectation to profitably grow this part of the business
· Sensient provide a clear and rewarding sales career ladder for outstanding candidates
· As a global company Sensient are also able to provide varied and exciting career opportunities for high performers
· Sensient possess a market leading, value added, product line with ongoing new product development programs to ensure continuous customer interest.
· As a part of a dynamic team, you will have internal resources structured to support and ensure your success!
Sensient Color Group is a leading developer, producer and supplier of natural and synthetic color systems for customers around the globe. The Company's high-performance products play a central role in the manufacture of foods and beverages, cosmetic and pharmaceutical colors and coatings, inks for commercial and consumer printers, and colors for agricultural uses, household cleaners and paper products. The Color Group is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri.
As a dynamic and diversified global leader, we offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package.
For more information, visit our website at http://www.sensient.com/