Skyline Engineering has an immediate need for a talented Electrical Engineer in Rapid City, SD. This is a great opportunity for a talented Electrical Engineer with experience in facility lighting, power, and special systems design.
The ideal candidate would be a professional engineer and have a strong commitment to personal and professional development. In addition, this candidate would have experience in project management with marketing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer:
• Designs lighting, power and special systems including fire alarm, data/tele cabling, security and other lowvoltage systems for commercial, healthcare, educational, and industrial facilities.
• Provides knowledge, in-depth understanding and extensive work experience in:
o System design
o Lighting design
o Load calculations
o Equipment selection
o Timely and accurate preparation of contract drawings and specifications
o Probable cost estimates o Contract administration
• Skyline Engineering offers its employees an excellent benefits package that includes:
o Health o Dental
o 401k o Possibility of partial ownership (for the right candidate)
• Positive Working Environment
Salary: Based on experience and licensure.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for accomplishing routine engineering tasks.
Works on routine assignments as a member of a project team, under the technical supervision of a professional engineer.
Performs routine design tasks, as a part of a project team to develop construction documents, and resolve typical engineering issues that occur in construction.
Assists in preparation of technical reports on routine engineering topics under guidance of Engineer II or III, or management.
Supports the technical development of less experienced staff.
Marketing/Client Service as a Member:
Establishes and maintains a strong positive relationship with the project client. Is the key point of contact within the company for the client, and maintains regular contact via telephone, email, meetings, and reports. Resolves any technical, scheduling, billing, staffing, or quality issues.
Follows up with clients on a regular basis to maintain a positive relationship, and is readily available to provide additional engineering services.
Actively participates in the marketing efforts.
Assist in development and production of marketing materials.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
• P.E. Registration preferred with minimum of 3 years’ experience in applicable facility design or E.I.T. with interest in and intention of PE licensure within a minimum of 5 years’ experience in facility design
• Applicable design experience must include design and/or drawing of lighting, power, and special systems in commercial, healthcare, educational, and industrial facilities.
• Familiarity with various electrical analysis programs similar to VISUAL or SKM PowerTools software packages • A strong working knowledge of model building codes, the national electric code, regulations and requirements relevant to electrical systems selection, specification, and design
• Construction administration, cost estimating, and project programming skills
• Superior communication, presentation, and project programming skills
• Highly organized with an ability to meet schedules and deadlines • Healthcare design experience is highly preferred • Project management experience is preferred
• AutoCAD skills are beneficial
About Us: Skyline Engineering is a full service MEP consulting firm located in the Black Hills of Western South Dakota. We are a dynamic, innovative, energetic, and growing company that has built a reputation by providing quality engineering services to our clients. Skyline offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package as well as challenging, stimulating, and supportive environment with opportunity for professional development and growth.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Registration:
Professional Engineer. Experience: Minimum of have 5 years general engineering experience in facility design. Skills/Job Knowledge: Understanding of engineering principles and technical problem solving skills. Computer and Equipment Skills: Microsoft Office, Email System, and AutoCAD desirable.