Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity...not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville Alabama.
We Are Now Hiring! To help us make Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, USA the hometown plant, our team members are proud to work for and our neighbors are proud to have in their North Alabama community.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- Demonstrate their world class skills
- Perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- Engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Become a part of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA as a business partner and integral member of the HR team. By joining us as the Compensation and Benefits Specialist, you will report directly to the Administration Vice President.
What You Do
Initially will facilitate the establishment and ramp-up of a Compensation Philosophy and Structure for at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Design, implement and administer compensation programs
- Ensure programs are competitive and support business objectives to recruit, retain and engage team members at all levels of the organization
- Ensure 100% legal compliance of all compensation programs
- Monitor, measure, analyze and support compensation program activities
- Prepare and deliver management and team member communications
- Complete ad-hoc requests or special projects as directed
- Design, implement, and plan administration of Health and Welfare programs to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401k, and other benefit and recognition programs
- Perform complex benefit analysis and projections
- Research, develop and execute benefit program modeling and analysis to ensure competitive and cost-effectiveness
- Develop and deliver effective communication methods for benefit programs
- Manage outsourced vendor relationships and complete appropriate problem solving and performance measurements to achieve plan administration goals and compliance
- Work with the Health Services department to implement and maintain new programs
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a business, human resources or financial discipline
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in compensation and benefits
- Demonstrated experience in benefit system operations and analysis
- Familiarity with mathematical and statistical approaches required for analysis of data
- ERISA knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with upper management
- Ability to handle and maintain highly confidential information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, with specific experience in Excel and Word
What Will Set You Apart
- SPHR and/or SHRM SCP Certifications
What We Offer
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!