To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bakersfield, CA
- Human Resources
- Phone:: 562-498-5536
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ChildNet Youth and Family Services • Bakersfield, CA
Posted 2 months ago
ChildNet Youth& Family Services, Inc. is currently seeking a Social Worker for our Foster Family Network program in Bakersfield, CA.
Foster Family Network (FFN), provides various support services to foster children, resource parents and natural families of placed children.
The FFN Social Worker is responsible for providing social services to resource parents, foster children and their biological families. These services include supervision of foster families, participation in the placed child’s academic program, development of Needs and Services plans and coordination of medical and psychological services for the placed child. The Social Worker must be available by cell phone to ChildNet management and resource families 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Social Worker responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide in-home support and guidance for resource families.
- Supervise placement of foster children, including regular visits/direct contact with the children and approved resource parent. Maintain accurate notes about interactions with each foster child and resource parent.
- Monitor the health, educational,religious, recreational, social, emotional, and psychological needs of each assigned child and coordinate services with available community resources.
- Develop and maintain a network of medical and psychological resources for foster children in the area of placement.
- Monitor visitation between foster child and biological family when court ordered.
- Provide referrals to family therapy resources for the foster child and biological family.
- Monitor current status of educational planning and academic functioning of each assigned foster child. Represent the foster child in the educational setting whenever necessary.
- Participate in child and family team meetings in order to discuss individual cases, develop treatment goals, or plan for eventual family reunification (where appropriate).
- Develop and update Needs and Services Plans for each case.
- Maintain current required paperwork and files for assigned foster children and resource parents.
- Submit all required reports within required time frames to the County placing agency.
- Monitor adherence to licensing regulations for each assigned resource home. This includes driving to each home and physically surveying and supervising the care and treatment of each child in the home.
- Obtain and provide resource parents with required admission information upon initial placement.
- Transport clients when required.
- Interact and coordinate with other ChildNet departments and programs to coordinate the best possible services for clients.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
The FFN Social Worker shall possess a Master’s Degree in one of the following disciplines as mandated by the State of California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing (CCL):
- Social Work or Social Welfare, Marriage & Family Therapy, Child Psychology, Child Development, Counseling Psychology, Social Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Educational Psychology or Education with an emphasis in counseling.
- The completed degree program must also include relevant course work and child-related experience and/or internships as required by CCL.
- Non-degreed Social Workers may be hired at the agency’s discretion based on equivalent coursework and experience. These non-degreed Social Workers must qualify for and maintain a CCL approved educational exception.
- Experience in foster care programs similar to FFN is desirable.
WHO WE ARE
ChildNet Youth & Family Services, a nonprofit corporation headquartered in Long Beach, CA. We provide Counseling, Education, Foster Care and Residential Services to at-risk children. ChildNet has been at the forefront of providing innovative and quality care to thousands of deserving children and their families for over 40 years.
To provide safe homes, education and counseling to vulnerable children and families.
Are a diverse group of professionals who create a culture of caring with our clients and within the organization.
WHAT WE OFFER
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 403b with discretionary employer contribution after 2 yrs.of service, Mileage Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement, Stability, and Career Advancement, along with generous sick, vacation and holiday pay.
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE! COME AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH US!