● Analyze factory processes, identify waste and utilize theory of constraint to prioritize improvement opportunities to improve OEE
● Act as a change agent for leading and managing continuous improvement throughout the manufacturing facility
● Develop Value Stream Maps for all production departments / assets. Identify waste within those processes and propose actions necessary to reduce / eliminate waste.
● Enhance the Management of Change (MOC) process and ensure strict adherence for either process or equipment changes. Provide training to key stakeholders, such as Safety, Quality, Production and/or Maintenance departments
● Collaborate with maintenance and production on Preventative Maintenance (PM) recommendations for optimal product quality and machine uptime. Review existing PM's for effectiveness.
● Utilize Design of Experiments (DOE) to identify machine setup parameters that product consistency and throughput, conferring with machine vendors where necessary to understand the machine capability limits
● Capture best practice machine setup parameters, database and deploy standard work for each item type + asset
● Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout
● Ensure that all responsibilities and functions performed are in accordance with company procedures and meet quality standards in place. Participate in quality programs and stay updated on changes and standards within the systems
● Deploy other Lean methodologies such as the A3 Process, 5S, Kaizen events, etc.
● Develop and lead 5S activities plant wide and implement 5s audit process
● Develop Kanban system and crib management process for spare parts for each item and assets on the plant floor
● Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
● Monitor and report on KPIs and improvement projects
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
● Perform other duties which may be assigned as part of the essential functions of the position
● Be Safe! Encourage all employees to engage in safe working behaviours