Under the supervision of the Manager of Assessment & Special Services, provides consultative
services to consumers, families and staff regarding psychological and behavioral services and
- Participates in program evaluation and planning; coordinates the provision of psychological services by contract and vendored providers; reviews records pertaining to applicant’s or consumer’s psychological history.
- Provides consultation regarding behavioral and psychological issues, treatment plans and modalities for consumers.
- Consults with other regional center staff regarding facility and service provider proactive approaches to behavioral support services.
- Collateral contacts with other professionals and agencies to obtain and to clarify information pertinent to psychological diagnosis and assessment.
- Integrates psychological information from all sources to assist in determining applicant’s eligibility for services; provides consultation to staff in developing and maintaining plans for consumer care and recommends appropriate community programs and resources.
- Participates with in-service training and community education and outreach activities.
- Reviews charts and maintains ID notes, record reviews and necessary documentation.
- Other related duties as assigned by manager.
Ph.D. in Psychology from an accredited university and three years of responsible professional
experience serving persons with developmental disabilities. License as a clinical psychologist
required. Spanish speaking or Chinese speaking highly desirable. Valid California driver’s
license and automobile insurance required, or other form of reliable transportation.