Quality Assurance Manager
Acme Aerospace, Inc. a leading manufacturer that designs and manufactures custom batteries and battery control electronic systems for military and commercial aircraft applications. We are currently seeking a high energy, results-driven, customer focused individual that will develop and employ continuous Lean improvement practices in conjunction with quality improvement program initiatives. Participate in preparation and presentation of Lean practices including value stream mapping, metric measurement, work cell development, continuous flow manufacturing, etc.
The successful candidate will be able to develop, implement, and achieve ambitious stretch goals in quality operations and have a proven track record of developing talent in their direct and indirect reports. Develops a culture of continuous improvement. The candidate will also build and grow a team that coordinates across internal groups as well as provide support and guidance to external customers.
This position requires significant initiative and the ability to deliver results in an aerospace environment. If you are currently in a Quality Managerial role where you successfully demonstrate the above requirements, or in a senior Quality Engineering position that has prepared you for the next step in your career, we would welcome your submittal.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute Continuous Improvement of quality, safety, productivity, on time delivery and inventory reduction in the factory.
- Able to interface with engineering and technical resources on existing and new product development, related to TSO, TC and STC submissions.
- Promote understanding and focused application of lean tools/principles to ensure continuous improvement.
- Manage a high-performance work team comprised of quality engineering, test engineering, final and in-process inspection, receiving inspection and dotted line reporting of functional support resources.
- Insure regulatory compliance with site responsibility as Point of Contact for export compliance.
- Implement necessary internal quality assurance systems and infrastructure.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams.
- Identify root cause of quality problems in production and supply chain and reduce / eliminate them.
- Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment.
- Decisive operations and continuous customer driven improvement leader who can act as a change agent and can energize and empower others while offering inspired, focused leadership in difficult circumstances.
- Excellent track record of customer relationship management.
- Verify Corrective Action Reports and Preventive Action Reports.
- Prepare and maintain all ISO9001 / AS9100 required documentation.
- Train organization on ISO9001 / AS9100 documented procedures.
- Represent company for customer and Regulatory quality audits.
- Review Software Codes and Verification of Test Experience preferred, but not mandatory
- Prepare for and participate in Reviews of Engineering projects with Customers and Regulatory Authorities
- Audit and review the Engineering Documents through-out the Engineering development lifecycle
- Participate in the development of various quality and audit documents necessary for submittal to customers and regulatory agencies for TSO, TC and STC submissions
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field.
Required Capabilities (describe scope of knowledge and ability of the position):
- Continuous Improvement / RCCA Knowledge is mandatory requirement
- Previous Aerospace/Defense experience is mandatory – with focus in Electronics, Avionics’ and Power Distribution.
- Experience and Knowledge in IS/AS9100 Requirements
- Quality System Lead Auditor Experience
- Expert knowledge of FAA QMS requirements.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent skills in MS Office Suite software.
Desired Background and Experience
Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in the quality Assurance field as a Quality Manager of similar position required, A&P Certification desired, but not mandatory, Software Development desired, but not mandatory.
The Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. The nature of the accommodation depends on employee’s condition and the work environment.
Acme Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages the application of female, minority, disabled and veteran candidates. Due to the potential for exposure to ITAR controlled data, the incumbent in this role must be a US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident).
To apply please submit resume to: email@example.com
Acme Aerospace Inc.
Good Manufacturing Practices
Corrective And Preventive Actions
Hazard Analysis And Critical Control Points