To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charleston, WV
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant General Manager
UniTek Global Services • Charleston, WV
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
DirectSAT USA - Assistant General Manager
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for supporting the General Manager in managing the success, profitability, safety, and all other facets of operations at a local facility.
1. Help to establish and manage all aspects of the Local Office operations to ensure annual profit targets are achieved
2. Oversee and maintain operations of facilities, warehouse, fleet, reporting, safety and training daily procedures
3. Responsible for the overall management of field personnel
4. Ensure that company policy is adhered to with respect to, but not limited to, safety, fleet, warehouse, assets, production etc.
5. Monitor the performance and achievements of the employees & assist with work overflow when needed
6. Establish/manage weekly and quarterly Local Office Safety and Operations meetings, per established procedures
7. Help the GM to establish/direct operating procedures within the Local Office in accordance with established guidelines and procedures
8. Perform hiring, disciplinary, and termination functions as needed
9. Assist the GM to insure that all schedules, skill sets, service region builds for technicians are correct, to include coverage radius, exceptions, efficiency and skill builds.
10. Complete New Hire Training as needed for the office/ neighboring office(s).
Education: Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 2+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: 2 years of management experience in the supervisor or trainer role
1. Advanced understanding of Satellite installation, repair and service
2. Knowledge and experience using hand tools
3. Advanced knowledge of satellite equipment and mobile test equipment
4. Knowledge of telecommunications installation standards
5. Organized with strong attention to detail and capable of working with minimum supervision
6. Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency
1. Ability to motivate, lead, teach and train on proper work and safety procedures
2. Leadership and negotiation, conflict management, analytical and problem-solving capabilities, strong customer orientation
3. Strong business minded consultative approach with focus on profitability and margin
4. Working knowledge of business processes
5. Work in schedule driven environment, including working efficiently, multi-tasking, meeting stringent deadlines, and achieving project goals
6. Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
7. Public speaking and presentations skills
8. Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment
9. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information and professional boundaries
10. Skills in mentoring and training employees with varying educational backgrounds and aptitudes
11. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and to manipulate calls when necessary to gain essential information
12. Above average decision making and problem-solving skills
13. Effective listening, interacting, and writing skills
1. Lift up to 65 lbs of equipment and tools
2. May be required to work long and unpredictable hours
3. Possibility of sitting at a desk for 6-8 hours a day
4. Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing