To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbus, IN 47201
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Network Development Associate
Confidential • Columbus, IN
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This is an exempt position which has two primary responsibilities: network contracting, and serving as the relationship manager for our PPO rental networks. Both roles require research and prioritization of network needs, market opportunities, and strategical approaches to hospitals and providers that strengthen our market position. The position requires disciplined and thorough analysis, financial analysis and modeling, and proficient writing and verbal communication skills. Assisting our Sales, Account Management, Reinsurance, and Finance teams in understanding and quantifying our network strengths and weaknesses is important to the growth and profitability of our organization.
Brief Description of Duties:
· Develop planning structure (goals/objectives and timelines) to expand contracting in assigned territory, for example a narrow network around a strategic hospital partner.
· Analyze networks for potential business relationships to support clients where the our Network is inadequate or not available.
· Develop and negotiate contractual agreements with new health care providers and institutions within state and federal regulatory guidelines.
· Prepare, execute and maintain provider contracts, including renegotiation with current Network providers.
· Function as the point-of-contact for all on-going contractual issues as needed by providers.
· Negotiate Single Case Agreements (SCA) with non-participating providers as requested by Medical Management and Account Management.
· Function as the Provider Network expert for the organization, able to analyze and recommend the optimal network solution for current and prospective customers.
· Coordinate with PPO Networks, Data Management, Reinsurance, and Finance to ensure our networks competitiveness is appropriately reflected in our pricing.
· Work closely with and provide support to Health Systems Development, Sales and Account Management to provide network support for new business development initiatives.
· Work with and provide support to Provider Services Specialists on contractual issues and to assure smooth and efficient operations.
Minimum Skills Requirement:
· Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience in a managed care organization.
· Ability to communicate clearly in oral and written presentations.
· General knowledge and understanding of the health care industry.
· Demonstrated ability as a problem solver. (i.e., use of analytic and logic skills)
· Demonstrated success in use of negotiating skills.
· Knowledge of provider reimbursement methodologies including Medicare, Case Rates, Bundled Payments, Value Based Care models.
· Maintain confidentiality in all levels of internal and external communications.
· Ability to work independently or as a member of the network services team.
· Professional appearance and presence.
· Must be good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
· Ability to introduce new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity.
· Ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, engaging others in problem solving without taking over.
· Computer literate - Good knowledge and understanding of PC word processing, spread sheet software, Windows, MS Outlook. Able to easily adopt new software and technologies.