To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Marcos, TX 78666
- Phone: 512-392-2323
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Priority Personnel, Inc. • San Marcos, TX
Posted 1 month ago
A wholesale distributor of plumbing, heating and air-conditioning, industrial pipes-valves-fittings, pool and waterworks supplies for residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure construction is currently seeking a Warehouse Specialist to join their team!
Job duties include:
- Assist customers who purchase and/or pick up merchandise at the Profit Center.
- Process and fill Sales Orders generated at the sales counter and in the field.
- Provide customers with reliable information regarding product specifications, pricing and availability.
- Ensure the customer signs and dates each Sales Ticket. For all cash sale deliveries, collect and secure outstanding payments prior to releasing the material to the customer.
- Process cash sale returns and refund paperwork in accordance with Company policy and procedure.
- Maintain, stock, and clean the counter sales merchandise and displays, and support Inside Sales and Outside Sales activities
- Upon receipt of a vendor shipment or customer return, obtain the packing slip and count and verify material received. Note received quantities and all shipping discrepancies (overshipments, undershipments, mis-shipments, damage/shorted freight claim) on the packing slip.
- Print and verify the computer receiving documents and receive material in the system or, when applicable, forward the receiving documents to the office personnel for data entry.
- Identify nonstock, special order material and damaged material and store in proper warehouse locations.
- Note all shipping discrepancies on freight carrier's Bill of Lading; initiate freight claims with freight carriers or forward appropriate paperwork to designated employee.
Picking and Shipping Duties
- Pick material for orders, note quantities picked on the shipping document, assemble and package the materials for shipment/pickup.
- Check picked material against printed ticket to ensure accuracy.
- Complete necessary documentation for customer shipments delivered via third-party carrier.
- Inform immediate supervisor of stock depletions, count discrepancies, or damaged/defective/nonsalable merchandise that could impact customer service levels.
- Schedule and dispatch deliveries and pickups in an efficient and timely manner.
- Drive a Company truck, operating it safely and in compliance with Company rules, applicable laws and regulations. Destinations include job sites, customer facilities, vendor facilities, other locations, facilities of other wholesalers, or other locations as directed by management.
- Load the truck at the Profit Center with merchandise to be delivered. Secure the load properly so that nothing will shift, get damaged or fall from the truck. Ensure the necessary equipment to safely unload the merchandise is available.
- Load the truck at other locations with merchandise. This includes merchandise picked up at vendor locations, returned by customers, and purchased from other wholesalers.
- Unload correct merchandise from the truck and place it where the receiving party wants it. Obtain legible signature for all merchandise delivered per Company policy and procedure.
- Ensure security and controls are in place and upheld to protect Profit Center assets.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Possess a proper and valid driver’s license
- Pass a DOT physical examination prior to employment and every following two years for as long as you drive a company vehicle
- Ability to learn to safely operate a forklift and other material-handling equipment
- Know of, apply, and practice safety precautions in a warehouse and material handling environment
- Lifting Frequently up to 100 pounds, Carrying Frequently up to 80 pounds, Pushing/Pulling Frequently up to 200 pounds
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri/6:30am-5:00pm
Pay rate: $14-16/hour (Direct Hire), will renegotiate pay rate after 90 days