Primarily responsible to collect monies on behalf of our clients while maintaining compliance and professional office and ethical standards. Collector will utilize various collection strategies and methodologies to attempt to contact consumers in order to negotiate payment in full or payment arrangements on debt within federal, state and client collection guidelines and laws.
Job Requirements, Skills, and Knowledge:
· Previous experience in customer service, sales, collections, or a related role is preferred
· Basic computer skills, ability to multitask, toggling multiple computer systems
· Knowledge of FDCPA, and the ability to be licensed in all states is preferred
· Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly is required, strong listening skills
· Knowledge of FDCPA, HIPAA, state and local collection laws and the ability to be licensed in all states is preferred
· Capable of handling difficult, escalated calls and reach resolution
· Ability to compute basic math calculations
· Dependable and punctual
· Bilingual Spanish speaker, a plus
· Stress tolerance and ability to maintain professional demeanor
· Competitive, resourceful, goal driven, great work ethic, team player
· Reports to both floor manager and direct supervisor
· Ability to talk and hear.
· Works in an enclosed call center environment office and mostly works on the computer. Sitting for long intervals of time. Some standing and walking around the floor and bending in performing the functions listed. Nominal amount of light lifting required. Hand dexterity
Job Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
· Take inbound and outbound phone calls to collect monies by negotiating payment terms and methods when right party is reached. The process requires reviewing the account information in database, and/or asking probing questions of the consumer in order to better understand potential objections to payment.
· Monitor debtors accounts and follow-up to ensure payments are made in a timely manner.
· Utilize various skip tracing techniques and collection strategies to locate right parties in order to collect monies.
· Review accounts to identify adjustments, discrepancies and create a request for resolution.
· Handle debtor disputes and overcome stalls and objections & suggest money sources for debt payment.
- Call Centers
- Customer Service
- Payment Processing
- Telephone Skills