Education: Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology; Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology (CCC-SLP); licensed by the State of New Jersey.
Experience: 2 years’ experience working with individuals with speech and language disorders, preferably with autism.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, squat, kneel, stretch, stoop, and/or reach above shoulder level for extended periods of time (up to 30 minutes) during the work day.
- Vision requirements to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to pass and maintain Professional Crisis Management (PCM) certification at a P2 level on an annual basis, including implementation of all strategies and techniques.
- Ability to move or be moved freely and quickly to ensure the safety of students/participants at all times.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
· Competent in applied behavior analysis; familiar with behavior and teaching methodologies.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
· Demonstrated ability to solve problems, exercise independent judgment, and make appropriate decisions based on established policies and procedures.
· Ability to deal with confidential information.
· Ability to work independently, as well as work as a member of a team.
· Model high performance culture and attributes.
· Ability to take direction and think through processes and procedures, and make recommendations for improvement as necessary to ensure a smooth operation.
· Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Skilled in the evaluation and remediation of speech and language disorders with preschool and school-aged children.
· Ability to understand the needs of the individuals served and advocate on their behalf.
· Support families and staff in order to enhance the lives of the individuals we serve.
· Ability to travel on a daily basis including daytime, afternoon, evenings and weekends.
Eden offers a comprehensive salary and well-rounded benefits package including medical and dental, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement savings, paid time off, and more.
The qualified candidate must successfully complete a background check, including criminal check and fingerprinting, mandatory drug testing, motor vehicle check (if applicable), reference checks, salary verification, and completion of a medical/ health physical and mantoux test.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume along with a cover letter to: Christine DeHart, Director of Speech & Language Service.
Eden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.