We are supporting a large pharmaceutical company in the manufacture and production of a COVID-19 vaccine and are in need of multiple reliable and hardworking Material Handlers that have prior experience working in a regulated GMP environment. The duties of the Material Handler are to move and transport a variety of material between various areas of production and operation. The Material Handler also has responsibility for shipping and receiving activities, entering information into SAP and load/unloading trucks and performing sampling for incoming materials.
Essential Job Functions:
· Understand and comply with all applicable SOPs, GMPs and department/site guidelines to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
· Safely and proficiently operate multiple types of Powered Industrial Trucks (PITs) and non-PIT equipment including hand pallet jacks, pallet exchange machine, pallet stretch wrappers and pallet banding machine.
· Use SAP
· Keep work areas clean and organized.
· Assist in various cycle counting and location audit activities.
· Perform all warehouse duties related to receiving, shipping and storage
· Understand and be able to communicate Bill of Lading information
· Load and unload trucks, sea containers.
· Perform sampling for dangerous chemicals, raw material and packaging components.
· Monitor and maintain inventory of supplies related to warehouse activities.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
These positions are long term full time contract opportunities. This project is expected to last 6-18 months, possibly longer.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· 2 years shipping and receiving experience (temperature-controlled material is a plus)
· Successful completion of PIT Safety Training Course including certification on all types of equipment utilized by the warehouse
· Ability to meet requirements for Dangerous Goods certification
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:
· Office and plant environment
· Ability to lift up to and including 60 lbs
· Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
· Ability to respond to emergencies and direct Emergency Response Teams
· Ability to operate all warehouse equipment
· Ability to work varying and extended hours
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment
· Accountability and punctuality