BASIC POSITION OBJECTIVE STATEMENT:
Participate in all functions associated with the production, warehousing, and distribution of products.
Little Rapids Corporation will manufacture products in a manner that respects the safety and health of our associates, the environment, and the communities in which we operate. We believe that each Associate plays critical role in creating a safe work environment by exhibiting personal safe behaviors. To be successful as a company, we will have exemplary safety performance.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Trained to operate multiple work centers safely and identify unsafe behaviors, areas of concern, and methods while manufacturing quality finished products that meets the customer’s specifications and meets/exceeds established production standards. Perform manufacturing, assembly, packaging, or shipping of customer orders.
Self-motivated participation in all functions associated with the operation of converting equipment and distributing, such as re-winders, folders, laminators, sheeters, forklift, etc. This includes set-ups and changeovers on machine centers as required.
Troubleshoot machine problems and determine which problems need to escalate to maintenance and/or team coaches.
Support and participate in continuous improvement efforts to include Kaizen, 5S, TPM and other continuous improvement efforts, as required of this position. This includes activities to this specific position/department, as well as company-wide initiatives in other areas of the organization.
Identify and react to production problems (shortage of raw materials, inventory issues, out of spec raw materials, quality issues, etc.)
Complete and maintain production records both manually and with computer systems to maintain inventory control.
Perform machine clean-ups as required. Maintain a clean and organized environment in the work areas to maintain performance expectations.
Attend and participate in meetings and training sessions as required (e.g. safety, quality, production, teams, informational, continuous improvement, and others as requested).
Willingness and flexibility to work a variety of shifts that involve all days of the week as needed. This includes ability and willingness to work overtime on short notice as determined by the business.
All other assignments assigned by management.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years old or more
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language. (Such as machine operation instructions, safety instructions, etc.)
- Experience to use basic tools including wrenches, hammers, utility knives, screwdrivers, brooms, and measuring devices in rules and scales, etc., used in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus; preferably in a paper converting environment.
- Experience in warehousing/shipping environments is helpful.
- Experience in quality management systems (FDA, ISO, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, etc.) is helpful
- Ability to perform basic computer operations such as email, data entry, navigation skills within system and desktop, etc. Experience and ability to operate computer key board.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Able to work as an effective team member.
- Must be able to communicate verbally through regular conversation and shouting (in loud environments), and using hand signals (as needed)
- Ability to be a self-starter
The ability to work safely in a normal manufacturing environment to include: sitting, standing for up to 7 hours, lifting or walking for long periods of time; climbing stairs; operating various standard office equipment; reaching; bending; crawling; speaking on the telephone; wearing required personal protection gear (i.e. hearing, eye, foot protection, gloves and hairnets); tolerating loud noise (exceeding 100 dB in areas); tolerating exposure to temperatures; hot and cold, and dusty environments.
Starting pay is $15.82 per hour, then increases to $18.70 per hour after successful completion of 90-day probationary period.
Use Protective Equipment