Electrical Design Engineer
Location: Rotterdam, NY
Axiem International is a renowned Engineering Firm that partners with Fortune 500 companies on engineering deliverable projects as well as staffing high-end technical engineers and professionals for long-term contract and permanent positions with our clients. Axiem is not the typical staffing agency, we offer all full-time employees a complete benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, paid vacation, 401K, and paid holidays. You also have the opportunity to receive annual performance reviews and a yearly pay raise. Additionally, you will have the unique opportunity to build professional relationships with our clients and have a greater chance to get in the door with some of the world’s largest manufacturing firm. Join the Axiem International team today!
The Ideal Candidate for the Electrical Design Engineer position will assume a key position on a fast-growing Fabrication and Customization Shop supporting the Power and Utility Industries. You will have practical experience with Electrical 3 Lines, Elementary AC/DC and have experience working a team of designers in a fast pace manufacturing environment.
● Develop and implement new designs and design improvements for assigned scope of electrical system and components within power packages such as Switchgears, Breakers, and Control Systems / Panels
● You will design Electrical 3 Lines and Elementary AC/DC.
● Implement design and deliverables (specifications, engineering analysis, drawings, schematics, design layouts, BOM, validation, and documentation), based on product requirements.
● Perform power circuit protection and coordination studies, circuit design, and component selection.
● Provide technical clarification of designs with suppliers, manufacturing and service during prototype phase.
● Work with manufacturing and sourcing to test and qualify components for production and resolve issues as needed to maintain product quality.
● Communicate with external consultants and third parties to achieve certification of designs (UL, CSA, CE, etc.).
● Work with product support teams to determine root cause of component or system failures and implement corrective actions to meet product reliability goals for customers.
● Produce connection drawings required for panel manufacturing.