To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1395 Wheaton Drive
Troy, MI 48083
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Sales Manager
Leggett & Platt • Troy, MI
Posted 2 months ago
Leggett & Platt, Incorporated is seeking to hire a Senior Sales Manager to assist in managing key customer accounts with automotive OEM’s and Tier 1 manufacturers. Our growing automotive business unit, which exceeds one billion dollars in sales, is comprised of four main product segments with operations on three continents. Additionally, this role will work with individuals from all levels of the organization to provide value-added ideas in support of customer needs. In this role, you will be working as an individual contributor on a team of sales professionals, with the opportunity to coach and mentor. This position will be based in Troy, Michigan.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for establishing and cultivating relationships with key customers
- Identify advanced sales activity and new opportunities for business growth
- Negotiate contracts with OEM and Tier 1 customers
- Provide value-added/value-engineering input to operations team
If you find satisfaction in the unique challenge of the automotive industry, this might be the perfect opportunity for you. We encourage a culture of highly motivated, change-agents willing to go the extra mile to meet customer needs.
Who we are and what we offer
Our comprehensive benefits package includes: management incentive bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, stock plans, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts and more.
Since 1883, Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) has been creating a wide variety of innovative products that can be found in most homes, offices, and automobiles. Today our growing company consists of more than 23,000 employee-partners in 120 manufacturing facilities located in 19 countries. We’re not just hiring, we’re building a better company. Learn more about what life is like here: lifeatleggett.com
Create a profile, view other open positions, and apply to be our next Senior Sales Manager: careers.leggett.com
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in automotive manufacturing industry
- Experience in contract negotiations
- Knowledge of costing and quoting processes
- Travel is primarily limited to the Greater Detroit area, however, occasional travel will be required outside the region
- Experience in automotive seating is a plus
- Ability to coach/mentor other sales professionals
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles