To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
701 East County Line Road
Greenwood, IN 46143
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Patient Account Representative
INDIANA INTERNAL MEDICINE CONSULTANTS • Greenwood, IN
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Full-Time Patient Account Rep
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Gathers information about patient accounts and corrects or forwards information to insurance companies on a regular basis. Following-up on specified accounts and makes sure the final follow-up is complete. Gathers charge information, codes, enters into database, completes billing process, and distributes billing information accordingly.
DUTIES PERFORMED: (This list may not include all duties assigned)
1. Assists with phone duty for assigned alphabet for billing office.
2. Responsible for follow-up procedures of insurance company requests.
This could include obtaining requested information from various entities including hospitals, accessing by computer or telephone.
3. Posting and working denials from the insurance companies.
4. Working a monthly A/R report of accounts.
5. Work with patients to set up financial arrangements, when necessary
6. Posting payments when needed accurately in a timely manner.
7. Entering charges when needed accurately in a timely manner.
8. Verifying patient insurance information and enter into systems accurately in a timely manner.
1. Minimum of five years experience with all aspects of medical billing ( i.e., CPT, ICD-10,
charge entry, payment entry and A/R follow- up).
2. Extensive knowledge of medical insurance and coding, (CPT, ICD-9, Medical Terminology, and Medicare Guidelines)