To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Florence Township, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
2025R QA Supervisor – 2nd shift
Management Recruiters of Edison • Florence Township, NJ
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A groawing food packaging division of a Global Co. with 10K people is looking for a QA Supervisor at their plant in southern NJ. Excellent salary + above Target Bonus + Benefits
Job Posting # 2025R
Job Title: QA Supervisor – 2nd shift. Shift: 2nd – 4 pm - Midnight
Location: Florence, NJ
Relocation: Partial – some sign on bonus for relo assistance if needed.
Compensation: $55K - $65K + 5 % Target Bonus (Last 3 years paid above target)
Benefits: Full package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k
Company Info: Our client is a premier producer of convenience fresh foods, including fresh-cut produce. It is a global company with around 10K people worldwide with division HQ in California and 4 plants (SQF Certified) in the USA with around 4K people
Company has had explosive revenue growth of 60%, resulting in hiring 50% more people at this growing plant of 550 people in the last 3 years.
Note 1: No degree is acceptable in lieu of 10+ years of QA and supervision experience.
Note 2: Will report to the QA manager with a department of around 50 people. This position will supervise around 22 QA associates + 2 QA Leads.
Note 3: The typical work week for this job includes Thursdays & Sundays off.
The Quality Supervisor will directly supervise 22 QA associates + 2 QA Leads. Responsibilities include interviewing and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- 50%: Provide supervision to QA technicians + Leads
- 25%: Provide hands-on support to QA associates in the production area for CAPA etc.
- 25%: Interface with departments like packaging, sanitation, hygiene, safety, etc.
- Trains and supervises Quality Assurance technicians - Monitor the progress of the trainees and technicians.
- Calibrate and maintain testing equipment as per the programmed schedule
- Conduct pre-operational sanitation inspection
- Assist line QA's with line set-up to have a good and strong start up.
- Help resolve line issues and monitors QA documents for Safe Quality Food (SQF) compliance
- Enforces Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) with all associates to comply with SQF and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) programs
- Conduct GMP/HACCP/SQF training for all associates
- Communicate and work closely with production, sanitation, and maintenance to achieve quality standards.
- Identify food safety and process improvement and submit recommendations to QA Manager for implementation.
- Enforce product specifications and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Monitors raw material rotation, hold periods, and expired product hold form and disposition
- Conduct weekly chemical and supplies inventory keeping a minimum stock before ordering
- Coordinate shelf life evaluation and reports.
- Assist when necessary the QA technicians in receiving, chlorine/trim lines, packaging, & shelf life.
- Participate/ conduct projects in production improvement, customer complaint, product cuttings, etc.
- Identifies safety hazards within the QA work areas and notifies the QA Manager or Plant Manager
- Report deviations from standards promptly and make recommendations for corrective actions
- Set up sampling schedules and submit laboratory samples
- Reports all accidents to the QA Manager immediately and assists in completing the accident reports as needed.
- Initiates cost reduction ideas and help reduce QA operating cost.
- Must be cross trained in the various functions of the Quality Assurance department and must be knowledgeable on the QA standard operating procedures.
- Must have knowledge of food safety programs (HACCP, GMPs, Sanitation, Hygienist, Pest Control, Safe Quality Food (SQF), and Organic Guidelines.
Candidate Must Have:
- No degree is acceptable in lieu of 10+ years of QA and supervision experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of QA experience in the Food Industry.
- Minimum of 1 year of QA supervision experience.
- Good understanding of GMP/ HACCP. Sanitation, Safe Quality Foods (SQF), Pest Control and Organic guidelines.
- Ability to work in a cold refrigerated environment.
- Good computer skills – MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Good people skills. Able to work humbly with respect for people from different cultures/languages
- Ability to work late hours if needed in an emergency
Candidate Nice to Have:
- BS degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Agriculture or related Science.
- SQF practitioner certified.
- Experience in the fresh cut produce / food Industry.
- Multi lingual: Ability to speak multiple languages – Spanish, English, Hindi, etc.
QA, Quality, Supervisor, Compliance, FDA, USDA, ASQ, SQF, GMPs, HACCP, Food, Produce, SOP’s, Fresh cut salads, packaging, food, refrigerated, Team Lead, , fresh cut produce, and Organic Guidelines